Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > president candidates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default president candidates

I really need some help here, I have never really paid much attention to the politics and the candidates that Are running.
in your opinion as a gun owner who is the best option for president and why?
thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2011, 06:43 AM   #2

Anyone but Obama. The real question is, which candidate could beat him? I don't think NG has the image to win, so he should not be the primary. Obama has the popular vote, ie kids who are obsessed with pop culture and see a young black president, blacks who see a black president, latinos who see a black president, all of whom probably don't know the first thing about his campaign or what he stands for. They just see black. Image is going to be important for the republican primary. Newt just doesn't have it.

In the news, you will more-likely hear about what hat someone is wearing or where they ate, rather than what their views were concerning some political agenda. It's a fashion show these days. It's becoming a joke, and it makes me sick. Just get Obama out of there and I'll be good to go.

And for the record, celebrities opinions should be the LAST opinions people listen to. When Bono speaks, they act like he's the freakin pope or something. Who cares what some chode in tight leather pants says. They're almost all exclusively democrats in Hollywood, and the kids look up to them for some reason beyond my comprehension.

Last edited by triggernomic; 12-13-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #3

Best advice read the constitution,the progressives have infiltrated both partys-democrat and republican! It's not as simple as it should be because the American people have been asleep at the wheel fir way to long.IMO Michele Bachmon or Rick Santorum are best choice,I don't like Ron Paul's foreign policy of becoming inverted and abandoning bases around the world,not because I don't believe he is wrong in his thinking on how it should be but because we've (like I said earlier) have let things get out of hand.We need a policy of strong defence,clear American intrests and superior firepower.Dirt is dirt people are flesh and bone,what makes this country great is our constitution we need to get back to that- limited federal govt power to the states,personal resposabilty.I'm a Christian first conservitive second govt is a nesasary evil -our rights our given by God not govt.if you read constitution and are honest you'll know who to vote for

Old 12-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ron Paul - The Montana Shooting Sports Association has endorsed Ron Paul for the Republican nomination for President, and the Gun Owners of America gives Ron Paul an A+ rating.

Citizen Gun Group Endorses Ron Paul for President

Contrast that with this - Romney’s own words - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk1bJOpYUqE

And National Association For Gun Rights on Newt - The Inconvenient Truth About Newt | National Association for Gun Rights

Ron Paul's been solid on the 2nd for a long time - Restore the Second Amendment by Rep. Ron Paul

Also Perry, Bachmann and Santorum are solid 2A supporters and are my second, third and fourth choice, but I do believe Ron Paul is the only one with an A+ rating from the GOA. But Newt Romney are no better than Obama in my opinion!

Last edited by ZakCarter; 12-13-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Invariably so ... Ron Paul would be the best thing for this country right now.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:23 PM   #6

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ron Paul actually believes in the constitution that is why he has no chance of becoming president. If newt is the GOP candidate obummer will be re-elected.

Old 12-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #7

starting to lean towards Ron Paul,
but was looking for info on Gingrich and I guess he's been playing both sides of the fence on the second amendment since the 90's according to the Georgia Gun Owners.
thanks again for the advise, any and all advise is welcome and appreciated

Old 12-14-2011, 02:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottgoldman View Post
I'm a Christian first conservitive second govt is a nesasary evil -our rights our given by God not govt.if you read constitution and are honest you'll know who to vote for
I agree with you 100% and I have the same views. But it's sad that modern pop culture is running the whole system, and they hate God bigtime. It's becoming cool to insult God and Christians. It's becoming cool to be homosexual, have multiple relationships, abort babies, etc. Christian politicians are probably not going to get much favor these days.

It just makes me sick how Obama feeds off of pop culture. Why in the world would he concern himself with Kanye West? Who cares? He's some dips**t with a microphone who thinks he's important. But Obama knows that pop culture looks up to celebrities. It's sickening. Plug this, plug that. I'm cool. Whatever.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #9

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have noticed that all the conservative talk shows are trying to convince their listeners that Ron Paul is a crazy kook. I believe Ron Paul scares the hell out of everybody in Washington.

Old 12-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

The more I don't hear about Ron Paul the more I like him. Seems the media wants nothing to do with him so I'm liking him more and more. Too bad he doesn't have a chance to actually be elected though. Guess I'll be throwing my vote away again. I look at Ron Paul as a vote for None Of The Above.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider