Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is it possible to receive medical marijuana and still own guns?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Is it possible to receive medical marijuana and still own guns?

Long story short, I've been on pills on and off since the age of 9. I haven't taken any antidepressants for about four years. I suffer from severe ADHD, bipolar and aspergers. The only thing that works and works well is marijuana. I live in Maryland. I'll have to move to receive medical marijuana if the doctor even clears me for it. I am worried though, that if I go to a state that has medical marijuana, the federal government will deny me from buying and owning guns. I know the federal government passed a law restricting marijuana users from owning guns, even if they receive marijuana for medical purposes. I don't know how the federal government would find out, I'm not sure how that works. The only state that I know that recently passes a law stating that medical marijuana users won't be denied guns in their state is Oregon, but I'm not sure if I want to move all the way out to Oregon. Does anyone have any information about if the federal government would find out I receive medical marijuana and how to go about getting it medically? I have heard I can possess it medical in MD, but there are no dispensaries here.
I have no history of violence and no felonies, not even one misdemeanor.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2577 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 197

That is a question so hot that you must speak to an attorney well versed in both gun laws and drug laws.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Closed Thread