Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Legal and Activism (
-   -   Is it possible to receive medical marijuana and still own guns? (

DerickVonD 10-25-2012 01:19 PM

Is it possible to receive medical marijuana and still own guns?
Long story short, I've been on pills on and off since the age of 9. I haven't taken any antidepressants for about four years. I suffer from severe ADHD, bipolar and aspergers. The only thing that works and works well is marijuana. I live in Maryland. I'll have to move to receive medical marijuana if the doctor even clears me for it. I am worried though, that if I go to a state that has medical marijuana, the federal government will deny me from buying and owning guns. I know the federal government passed a law restricting marijuana users from owning guns, even if they receive marijuana for medical purposes. I don't know how the federal government would find out, I'm not sure how that works. The only state that I know that recently passes a law stating that medical marijuana users won't be denied guns in their state is Oregon, but I'm not sure if I want to move all the way out to Oregon. Does anyone have any information about if the federal government would find out I receive medical marijuana and how to go about getting it medically? I have heard I can possess it medical in MD, but there are no dispensaries here.
I have no history of violence and no felonies, not even one misdemeanor.

robocop10mm 10-25-2012 01:49 PM

That is a question so hot that you must speak to an attorney well versed in both gun laws and drug laws.