Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Possible open carry for Florida-Vote Scott

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488 View Post
I remember reading a case in which a couple of would be robbers walked into a store to rob it, but left after seeing an open carrier. The police arrested them in the parking lot a little while later after noticing some suspicious activity. I'll see if I can't find a source on that story

There aren't any cases of a bad guy just opening fire on an open carrier. If it is such a bad thing tactically, why don't cops conceal? Do you really think that the badge or the uniform is what deters violent criminals? Or do you think that the gun on the hip does it?

I only point that out to say that you may get shot first, but you may also deter criminals. Nobody but the criminal has any way of knowing, but I think it's typically pretty accepted that criminals are generally cowards that engage in crimes of opportunity. They go for easy targets. Why would a criminal rob a 7-11 with an OCer in it when he can go up the street rob that one with no visible carriers? Until somebody does a study on the subject we have no idea which is more likely from a statistical standpoint.

I'm not going to argue that one is better than the other (I carry concealed and open depending on a number of factors), but arguing against it or saying that OCers are compensating for small penises just plays right into the anti's hands.
It was a A waffle joint or something like that and I forgot which state. I'm on the fence. It's a 50/50 battle but don't see why you can't have the option......
[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd8488 View Post
I remember reading a case in which a couple of would be robbers walked into a store to rob it, but left after seeing an open carrier. The police arrested them in the parking lot a little while later after noticing some suspicious activity. I'll see if I can't find a source on that story

There aren't any cases of a bad guy just opening fire on an open carrier. If it is such a bad thing tactically, why don't cops conceal? Do you really think that the badge or the uniform is what deters violent criminals? Or do you think that the gun on the hip does it?

I only point that out to say that you may get shot first, but you may also deter criminals. Nobody but the criminal has any way of knowing, but I think it's typically pretty accepted that criminals are generally cowards that engage in crimes of opportunity. They go for easy targets. Why would a criminal rob a 7-11 with an OCer in it when he can go up the street rob that one with no visible carriers? Until somebody does a study on the subject we have no idea which is more likely from a statistical standpoint.

I'm not going to argue that one is better than the other (I carry concealed and open depending on a number of factors), but arguing against it or saying that OCers are compensating for small penises just plays right into the anti's hands.
Good Point!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 556plinker View Post
I like the freedom aspect of open carry but I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to open carry. The heretofore unknown bad guy will shoot you first in the convenience/liquor store to eliminate the potential threat. I dont care if open carry makes people feel uncomfortable or angers some, I dont reallly care but from a tactical situation its just nuts. I think this open carry must originate from little guy syndrome or small penis size. Conceal Carry yes.....open carry, I don't see the value in being a sitting duck.
I agree totally.In my state an open carry law was vetoed by our dumcrat governer for those with concealed carry licenses only.We now have a republican female governer and open carry for ccl's will become law.

I will never open carry and be that 'sitting duck' 556plinker refered to.

some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple...barry switzer

11B10 '67-'68