Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > is it possible to MAKE a state secede?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default is it possible to MAKE a state secede?

i hate california. i mean, ive visited but everything about that poor unfortunate piece of crap state needs to be quarantined from the rest of the country, that and illinois.

i recently came across the explanation of the ban of certian rifles in the state of california in a firearms magazine. they were showing off yet another over priced rifle from Spike and bragging how it was legal in CA. but yet, the features of the rifle they were showing, did not at all adhere to the laws of california. and furthermore, according to this law, all AR's are basically illegal in that state. here was the explanation of a rifle being illegal.

semi-auto centerfire
folding/telescoping stock
pistol grip below the action
any type of flash suppressor
less than 30 inches overall

...thats basically every AR i have ever seen. so am i reading the wrong set of laws, or are these retards showing a rifle you cant even look at pictures of in california and saying its legal?

i am confused and infuriated.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Don't get too worked up. CA has some terrible gun laws, but most can be worked around.

And the AR is probably the most common rifle in the state.

I think IL, NJ an MA have much worse laws than CA, and we are fighting to repeal many of the current laws, with great success.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Don't get too worked up. CA has some terrible gun laws, but most can be worked around.

And the AR is probably the most common rifle in the state.

I think IL, NJ an MA have much worse laws than CA, and we are fighting to repeal many of the current laws, with great success.
more power to you brother, dont hate the people, just hate those you elect. and i agree, Illinoiance is a more horrible state with gun laws. i just pride myself with knowing the different gun laws for certian states, and california pisses me off the most cause when i ask whats illegal i get "ehhh, ye-no...yes..wait what?"

IL laws are easy when it comes to guns. Don't and No.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 07-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcprofessional View Post
more power to you brother, dont hate the people, just hate those you elect. and i agree, Illinoiance is a more horrible state with gun laws. i just pride myself with knowing the different gun laws for certian states, and california pisses me off the most cause when i ask whats illegal i get "ehhh, ye-no...yes..wait what?"

IL laws are easy when it comes to guns. Don't and No.

That is part of the beauty of our gun laws. They are so ambiguous that the state rarely enforces them because if they lose a case in court it will change the law. Sort of an uneasy truce between gun owners and the state.

But we have Chuck Michel who keeps going after our laws. He got the "OLL-Off List Lower" AR law changed.

If we could get some better politicians we would be in pretty good shape.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 07-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8316 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

Ya hafta read the law, not ads or magazine articles. An AR STYLE rifle may be legit if it has a 10 rd mag that IS NOT REMOVABLE without the use of a tool. A "tool" can include a cartridge- which is why you will see the term "bullet button mag release". You cannot remove mag with a fingertip on the release- it is recessed- a cartridge tip will do it. Here is a list of the characteristics that makes CA panic-

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If not secede, a Wall around Sacramento and San Francisco. My next choice would have to be a trade with Canada.
Mexico most of them are their there already anyway. = humor, not racism

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 07-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Ya hafta read the law, not ads or magazine articles. An AR STYLE rifle may be legit if it has a 10 rd mag that IS NOT REMOVABLE without the use of a tool. A "tool" can include a cartridge- which is why you will see the term "bullet button mag release". You cannot remove mag with a fingertip on the release- it is recessed- a cartridge tip will do it. Here is a list of the characteristics that makes CA panic-

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
C3 man thats the article they had in the mag...so thats what im going by. the rifle they were showing had a colapseable stock, flash suppressor, a 30 round mag, etc. completely opposite of what the law dictates.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #8

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The only places in Ca. that needs a good cleaning is Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego. The rest of the state is cool