Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Positive CCW Laws take effect September 30th in Ohio.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Positive CCW Laws take effect September 30th in Ohio.

if you live in ohio on september 30th you will be able to carry a firearm in a liquor establishment and you will be able to carry your firearm in your vehicle without having to be in a holster. it's about time !

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #2

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Way to go, Ohio!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Wooo!! You mean I can go to applebees or a steakhouse and not have to make myself a victim? Sounds crazy lol

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Now if they would only expand their reciprocity law... They don;t share with my home state of Georgia (last I checked)

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #5

I know it's kind of a pain but you could get a Florida or Utah permit. Those are good in Ohio.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:01 AM   #6

On Sept. 30th. a CCW permit holder(in Ohio) will be allowed to carry their firearm un-holstered in their vehicle. So it can be on your lap, in the door pocket or wherever you want. Also you can carry it in a restaurant,bar,sporting event(concert) just as log you are not consuming or they have a no weapons sign posted.
"No weapon signs" are a joke. We all know that a criminal is going to hit a place like that because they know nobody will be packing. So anyways I'm pumped about the new law. Especially the vehicle carry one. Hope your states will follow.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #7
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Was in a Speedway store yesterday that had already removed it's warning signs to CCers that they could get cited for carrying in an establishment that served alcohol. When I pointed out the sign was gone prematurely to the clerks and the manager, they all looked at me like I had lost my mind. One clerk tried to tell me they never had such a sign, so I showed her a picture of her front door with said sign in place.

I guess it's good that some stores are already acting like they never wanted to keep CCers out, but male sure you watch for stores not removing them on the 1st! Gunbuster signs should be the only ones we have to worry about.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)