Poll: Would you favor reinstating federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Poll: Would you favor reinstating federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1828 Times on 1053 Posts
Likes Given: 3752

Default Poll: Would you favor reinstating federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004?

Poll: Would you favor reinstating federal assault weapons ban that expired in 2004?

http://billnelson.senate.gov/

Yes (391 votes)
3.1%

No (12170 votes)
96.58%

No Opinion (40 votes)
0.32%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #2

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

391 people are wearing their ass for a hat.

People Like This 
Old 01-12-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21307 Times on 12087 Posts
Likes Given: 53072

looks like a huge margin to me!

Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 AM   #4

Liked 703 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 1931

I think this whole thing will blow over with little impact on actual laws. Closing the gunshow "loophole" may happen though.

I think that if it does come to that, C&R items should be exempted. You can buy a new rifle anywhere, but old milsurps are hard to come by outside of a show. I honestly think closing the loophole will kill the smaller gunshows.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

No. It didn't accomplish anything but cost the taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars to implement and enforce.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #6

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Excuse my ignorance, but is it this politician running the poll, or the AP, as a side bar? Because if IT IS this politician, it means he is obviously open to opinion on the matter, and worth dropping a line to...

Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 AM   #7

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

at this point no because that one isent nearly as bad as what they want to impouse know

Old 01-12-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1053 Times on 587 Posts
Likes Given: 441

If putting pen to paper could magically keep children from being murdered by nut cases, then I would support that even if I had to surrender my firearms. Sadly, there's this place that I, and everyone else whether they agree to it or not, live in called reality land.

In reality land, drunk driving laws haven't curbed driving under the influence.

In reality land, drug laws haven't stopped drug abuse or even misuse of legally proscribed drugs.

In reality land, seat belt laws haven't stopped people from not wearing their seat belts.

In reality land, laws against rape, robbery, and murder haven't stopped any of the aforementioned.

Lastly, in reality land the "gun free zones" have been proven to be anything but.

Our government does not make us "safe" (fictional notion). Our government does not "protect" (another fictional notion) our children. In my home my children are defended (non-fictional euphemism for a willingness to kill to accomplish my objective of keeping my children alive) by one well-armed man (not THE man, but a man - their father) with a Colt AR-15 and a Glock 9MM pistol, both with fearsome normal capacity magazines.

I'm sure my defense (killing) tools of choice may upset the fragile sensibilities of some of our more enlightened thinkers in our society who have never had the misfortune of first-hand knowledge of criminals, but I'm trying to maintain firepower superiority over any potential criminals versus unnecessarily handicapping my ability to kill on behalf of my children.

Given VP Biden's standard of a policy being a moral obligation if it saves just one life, I think we need to take a serious look at banning cars, alcohol, and cigarettes as I think bans on those three inanimate objects would save many, many more lives than any gun ban could ever hope to save.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
I think this whole thing will blow over with little impact on actual laws. Closing the gunshow "loophole" may happen though.

I think that if it does come to that, C&R items should be exempted. You can buy a new rifle anywhere, but old milsurps are hard to come by outside of a show. I honestly think closing the loophole will kill the smaller gunshows.
NO SUCH THING AS A "GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE"!!!!

PERIOD!!

Its a made up term by the media and anti gunners. Dealers at shows must still follow all the laws they have to follow in a shop.

If your talking about face to face transactions between PRIVATE sellers, exactly HOW would you enforce this? You would have to REGISTER every gun...THATS a mistake and a huge problem!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This 
Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but is it this politician running the poll, or the AP, as a side bar? Because if IT IS this politician, it means he is obviously open to opinion on the matter, and worth dropping a line to...
Bill Nelson has been in FL politics for 40 years, his feet are firmly set in liberal stone.