Poll Taken on Gun Laws After Aurora - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Poll Taken on Gun Laws After Aurora

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Our country has a "Right of Center" position on most political, economic and social issues.

Gun Control is a disease of both the extreme left and right wingnut fringes.

hitler_stalin.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #12
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Greg, I think you are onto something here. Some of the Libs I know (they are more like left of center, not hard core nut bags) are starting to come around. Myself and a couple friends have taken out new shooters, many of them female, and introduced them to safe firearms handling and shooting. A good friend of mine is a HS teacher, and being in IL, we all know that many of the teachers here are hard core libs, but he has told me that many are coming around on the issue of firearms rights. People in IL are sick of Chicago running the whole damn state, I'm not even in the same county as Chicago, but yet the city makes many of the rules.
JD1969, thank you for doing your part to educate! Imagine what would happen if everyone did what you did with just two non-shooters they know. The exposure alone would work miracles on this shortsightedness the media has on this subject.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1335 Times on 699 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Our country has a "Right of Center" position on most political, economic and social issues.

Gun Control is a disease of both the extreme left and right wingnut fringes.
Cane, I think you hit the subject right on the head - firearms ownership is the enemy of the extreme, no matter which way, as it forces governments to fear their populace and therefore serve the public instead of the politician's own personal whims. The forefathers intended the 2nd Amendment to protect the 1st Amendment and limit government, not be used for "Hunting purposes."

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 08-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Cane, I think you hit the subject right on the head - firearms ownership is the enemy of the extreme, no matter which way
that is an incredibly good point. Ill surely use that as a talking point in the future should the point arise.

off topic as it may be, i wait for the day that the news has to report that a man stopped a psychopath who brought an "assault weapon" to (public place) by illegally bringing in his concealed weapon onto (public place that dosent allow CCW). i wonder how exactly the media would treat that if it has not already happened. i already know they completely ignored the old man in the coffee shop in Florida 3 days prior to aurora.

how much more sensationalized, or de-sensationalized, would aurora have been if he killed 2 and injured 5 after a man shot back and killed him with his CCW he illegally brought into the theater.

I don't think I'm cool enough to play Spartan shouting "Molon Labe!". I'll just stick to being an American, firmly saying "Dont Tread On Me".

Old 08-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6267 Times on 3518 Posts
Likes Given: 5858

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Maybe the American public is starting to see the light...
Let's hope so. But with the far left, bitterly anti-American school teachers union controlling the brainwashing of our kids in the classroom, the future sometimes looks kinda bleak!

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 08-05-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21985 Times on 12396 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

polls can be skewed to get the results one wants to find to support their claims. a lot of it has to do with demographics and the polling questions and how they are asked.

gun control laws have failed, and they always will fail. simply because those they wish to control, because of their very nature never played by the rules in the first place, the criminals! now if we can get the criminals to adhere to the gun control laws, then maybe gun control laws might work. but as they are criminals because they failed in the first place to abide by the laws, must we assume that passing more laws will make them start abiding by the new ones? damn, that makes my head hurt trying to chase that notion around. sounds almost like a dog chasing his tail to me. the only person ever controled is the law abiding citizen, because he abides by the law.

simply put, until there is massive overhaul of how criminals are dealt with, they can pass a new gun control law everdy until doomsday and it will never have the outcome they want to happen and that is stopping criminal acts. stiffer and stricter penalties and punishment for criminal acts is the first step. making a prison a place they will not want to return to for a second engagement rather than the country clubs many of them are now. take away good time served. if a man is convicted and he gets ten years, he serves ten years of hard labor. work him from sunup to sundown hoeing a field, chopping brush, stamping license plates or making products for schools and such. many criminals simply don't fear going to prison a second time, much less the third or fourth either. until we change how criminals are dealt with, there is not anyway that there can be a change in the criminals mindset.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6267 Times on 3518 Posts
Likes Given: 5858

How about hanging from a gibbet n the town square??

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 08-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #18

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by american121 View Post
The politicians capitalize on shooting events to promote their own agenda. To make Americans fear and oppose firearms & To rid you of your means of resistance to the implementation of the 'New World Order'.

Have you seen the video 'Blueprint For Tyranny' - If you watch the two hour video, you will understand the full scope and actions being taken to rid us of our firearms. When watching the video, you will recognize that Current Events do match up with what is defined in the video. Know the real origin of Gun Control so that we might be able to fight it at its source.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYinZyxjsZM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Be very careful about dismissing this as a hoax, or you, your child and/or grandchild will end up living life as a slave.

Friend, you've posted this same vid in half a dozen threads today...ENOUGH ALREADY...we get it. You're preaching to the choir here...just sayin'

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
axxe55 Likes This