Police take gun without any charges - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police take gun without any charges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I think the underlying problem here is this is one of the places where political corruption runs deep and the unions have control, so it would be hard pressed to find LEO's who will stand up for what is 'right' as they would have a up hill battle, this is what I have been trying to get across here since I started posting!!!
Within the department, or city-wide? And what exactly do you mean by "the unions have control"? How could the unions control whether the guy gets his gun back?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6622 Times on 3690 Posts
Likes Given: 6299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Within the department, or city-wide? And what exactly do you mean by "the unions have control"? How could the unions control whether the guy gets his gun back?

Because most union leaders are extreme left, extreme anti-gun, anti-American thugs.

And just as the black community chooses to be blind to the crimes of their leaders, most honest, hard working union members choose to be blind to the criminals that they elect to lead them.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8843 Times on 5118 Posts
Likes Given: 11566

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
[/B]

Because most union leaders are extreme left, extreme anti-gun, anti-American thugs.

And just as the black community chooses to be blind to the crimes of their leaders, most honest, hard working union members choose to be blind to the criminals that they elect to lead them.
I have been in a union before. I didn't care for it. I was always pressured to slow down so I "don't make the other guys look bad."

My response was that I couldn't possibly make anyone else look bad and I damn sure wasn't going to make myself look bad so they looked better by comparison.

leadership only works when all you have are blind followers. I would expect that in law enforcement one would be a better and more effective officer if they can think independently enough to recognize corruption while still being able to follow legal orders. A standing policy of not returning property appears to me to be an illegal policy.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #34

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Since they do not inform the vicitm of the recovery, they will never know it was recovered. BUT yes, I believe there should be consequences for such illegal actions. And yes, I do believe it is intentional and systemic.
FYI, it's the same up here.

Our national pride, the RCMP, were found kicking in the doors of homes recently evacuated in High River, Alberta and removing guns. No warrant. Just a unilateral police action under the guise of exercising an emergency power for the public good. There was/is no explanation of how those guns constituted a danger in an evacuated, flooded town that was cordoned off by the same police. Perhaps the GRC's were afraid that an abandoned household pet might get it's hand on a hunting rifle and go postal?

In addition to the many good comments here, I think the fact that our present day police officers go to work dressed for battle and are provided with some tools more suited to war than domestic policing has played a part in creating the disconnect between civilians and those who they hire to police their laws. That, and the fact that too many chickenshytes have been hired by Big Police for politically correct reasons (women, skin colour, turbans, etc.). I have no particular dislike for any of those liberal victim groups; I just think it was a lot better when our police tended to be large, with no neck, armed with a stick and wore plain shirts and hats instead of flak vests and helmets. They were unafraid, did a far better job and commanded more respect - regardless of their skin colour, BTW. They didn't sweat the small stuff and were good cops because of who they were. Police officers who are afraid tend to form groups of bullies - same as other groups wearing colours to make up for what is missing on the inside.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 08-12-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2080 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
When they tried to unionize us (LE) I went to the meeting and told them I saw this as a direct conflict of interest for LE. How can a Cop become a member of an organization which is nothing more than a legalized organized criminal organization?? Well 90+% of the guys and gals there agreed and walked out on the union reps with me!
To answer your question, unions are corrupt to the core and so are most of the large police departments, so if you wish to work there you must be one of them. Any 'good' cops which are hired don't last long. We had cops come from all the big departments back east and out west and they admitted to this when we discussed it with them. Sorry state of affairs.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #36

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

...which is why we refer to the VPD as "Blue Light Gang Members".

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
FYI, it's the same up here.

Our national pride, the RCMP, were found kicking in the doors of homes recently evacuated in High River, Alberta and removing guns. No warrant. Just a unilateral police action under the guise of exercising an emergency power for the public good. There was/is no explanation of how those guns constituted a danger in an evacuated, flooded town that was cordoned off by the same police. Perhaps the GRC's were afraid that an abandoned household pet might get it's hand on a hunting rifle and go postal?

In addition to the many good comments here, I think the fact that our present day police officers go to work dressed for battle and are provided with some tools more suited to war than domestic policing has played a part in creating the disconnect between civilians and those who they hire to police their laws. That, and the fact that too many chickenshytes have been hired by Big Police for politically correct reasons (women, skin colour, turbans, etc.). I have no particular dislike for any of those liberal victim groups; I just think it was a lot better when our police tended to be large, with no neck, armed with a stick and wore plain shirts and hats instead of flak vests and helmets. They were unafraid, did a far better job and commanded more respect - regardless of their skin colour, BTW. They didn't sweat the small stuff and were good cops because of who they were. Police officers who are afraid tend to form groups of bullies - same as other groups wearing colours to make up for what is missing on the inside.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I did not say all cops are bad, because most are not. What I said is this move to militarize LE is bad. And unions for LE are BAD, and this is aggravated by the corrupt politics of the 'big cities'.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 08-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #38

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

A officer I have known for a while now got into policing for the right reasons,and absolutely hates it to his core now,it's been said by not only him that the whole attitude of Memphis PD is that if your not Dirty,your a snitch. So even if you just turn a blind eye to everything and just try and do your duty as a LEO here that you are always watching your back.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
A officer I have known for a while now got into policing for the right reasons,and absolutely hates it to his core now,it's been said by not only him that the whole attitude of Memphis PD is that if your not Dirty,your a snitch. So even if you just turn a blind eye to everything and just try and do your duty as a LEO here that you are always watching your back.
That is what many of the cops from the big departments told us even 15 years ago. Sorry to hear that about your friend, Memphis is one of those places of which I speak!

Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #40

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I did not say all cops are bad, because most are not. What I said is this move to militarize LE is bad. And unions for LE are BAD, and this is aggravated by the corrupt politics of the 'big cities'.
Nor did I... But 11 years in Vantucky have show me a PO Dunk department that shoots first... misses often... and questions corpses later.

The bad part is that this behavior causes decent citizens who hear about cops being shot to shrug and assume he probably "had it coming".

...and that presumption is not a problem with the citizens... It's a problem with our nations cops.

Tack