Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police take gun without any charges

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default Police take gun without any charges

Police seized a gun from a citizen's car and will not return it without a legal challenge. I would imagine that when the guy gets his gun back , it will be a piece of junk.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/08/suit_cleveland_police_refuse_t.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2013, 12:58 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

needs to fo toa jury trial and the chief of police and mayor pay the costs directly from their salaries for violation of civil rights.

an award of a couple of million will sting those sob enough to think twice about violating civil rights. if it was a white officer beating a black man the case would be in the millions.

in the case of civil rights violations like this where it is department policy to violate them the chief and mayor should be held personally liable and NOT the people of the city or state or federal government.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 08-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1240 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 666

It sounds to me like a straightforward civil right violation case. OH I forgot, violating the rights of individuals protected by the 2nd Amendment doesn't count as a 'civil rights' violation!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 08-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2260 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Not surprising from an anti-gun city. Austin forces many to get attorneys involved to get guns back. If APD had their way, no one (but them) would have guns. I have seen them send people's guns to the chipper to avoid giving them back. Hell, stolen guns are shipped up and the owner never notified the gun was ever recovered.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

bluez Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7329 Times on 4248 Posts
Likes Given: 9429

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Not surprising from an anti-gun city. Austin forces many to get attorneys involved to get guns back. If APD had their way, no one (but them) would have guns. I have seen them send people's guns to the chipper to avoid giving them back. Hell, stolen guns are shipped up and the owner never notified the gun was ever recovered.
So Robo, could a citizen file a stolen gun report with, say, the Sheriff, or the BATFE, including the detail that the police stole the gun? What might happen in that scenario in your opinion?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
orangello Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #6

Liked 3698 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

As with any grevience...

Option A is too seek redress through the courts. Should option A fail, the only remaining option, option B, is to extract justice through natural law by inflicting an equal or greater amount of pain and loss upon those who've wronged you.

If your not prepared to go to option B... Don't whine about you property being stollen by the blue light gang members.

Tack

Old 08-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #7

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
if it was a white officer beating a black man the case would be in the millions.
What in the **** does that have to do with the price of apples in India.. A statement like this is completely uncalled for and unrelated..

Jesus H Christ, why does someone ALWAYS have to drag race in to every little thing.

Now, if these are the facts the NRA or some other gun advocate group should get involved and help for free or contingency if he/they were to receive any damages.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Last edited by deadsp0t; 08-11-2013 at 06:07 AM.
JoFu Likes This 
Old 08-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #8

Liked 1758 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

I guess this answers the question about police going along with gun confiscation. Sorry sir just following orders.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #9

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
I guess this answers the question about police going along with gun confiscation. Sorry sir just following orders.
The link mentioned something about him being a felon, kind if contradictory to the other feel/fact presented.. I'm thinking there may be more to this then what the link is providing

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1721 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
What in the **** does that have to do with the price of apples in India.. A statement like this is completely uncalled for and unrelated..

Jesus H Christ, why does someone ALWAYS have to drag race in to every little thing.

Now, if these are the facts the NRA or some other gun advocate group should get involved and help for free or contingency if he/they were to receive any damages.
When I read it I saw it as a comparison of penalties in civil rights cases. Taking and keeping the gun without due process is considered by many to be a civil rights violation. I could be way off on that one, but that's what I got out of it.