Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police survey on gun laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #21
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Jim

That makes you an HONORABLE LEO.

Much Respect.

Tack
Jim,

Great job! Living for your convictions is not easy, but it does mean you can look at yourself in the mirror and feel proud. Thank you for exposing the corruption and protecting our rights.

Greg

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1626 Times on 965 Posts
Likes Given: 803

I can't help it, I have an activist personality!!!
When I took my psych test I was told I was a 'tree huger' and I was not happy about this and the psychologist said my 'causes' may be different but my conviction, commitment, and approach was the same. It would appear to me that there must be more more 'activists' on the other side or at least they are treated better then those on our side!
Thank you for your compliments, but there are others who do support us but do it more passively then I, and I thank them but wish more of them would 'come out of the closet'!!!
You are correct about looking in the mirror! I tell people you have to live with the person in the mirror so it is much easier if you like him!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 04-15-2013 at 01:14 AM.

Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #23

Liked 1106 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 276

What would you expect? Cops, in general, are some of the most conservative people in the country. (Not many hippie cops out there)

You would find very similar results if you polled the military.

Run this poll with college professors and you would get the opposite results. Neither poll would be a valid reflection of the general population of the nation.

As I said in another post: With a poll, if you target your audience, you get what you ask for.

The only polls that are valid are conducted on election day, in the voting booth. The results are taken from a large pool; a cross-section of the nation.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
What would you expect? Cops, in general, are some of the most conservative people in the country. (Not many hippie cops out there)

You would find very similar results if you polled the military.

Run this poll with college professors and you would get the opposite results. Neither poll would be a valid reflection of the general population of the nation.

As I said in another post: With a poll, if you target your audience, you get what you ask for.

The only polls that are valid are conducted on election day, in the voting booth. The results are taken from a large pool; a cross-section of the nation.
So, you don't think the police and military would know what would and wouldn't work seeing how THEY are the ones having to deal with it on the streets and in a war zone?

Ok, I'm just going to come out and say it. You have posed several posts in recent months that lead me to believe that you truly are anti gun, and you just don't care about anyones' rights. I have a strong feeling that's exactly what you are.

You have been defending the left, even when they are attacking the 2nd Amendment without any facts. You have made it very clear that you support bans on high capacity magazines, and universal background checks. I have a feeling you may support a ban on ARs and AKs too.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #25

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And there are a lot of them.
The ability to state that an "enemy" is defined by his actions... and the recognition that a thug in "uniform" is NO different that a thug in street close, does not make one an LEO hater.

It makes one a sheep dog willing to eviscerate anyone who threatens his flock.

Whether or not you, as an LEO, are a thug... Or a peace officer... Is ENTIRELY up to you.

No worries... A thug is a thug and MY optics do not discriminate.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 04-15-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #26

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

I wonder how long before this thread is shut down too. Not allowing everyone too carry into the court house is a violation of the 2nd?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1626 Times on 965 Posts
Likes Given: 803

One of the problems with LEO's is when you first start in the profession many develop the 'us (cops) against them (everyone else)' attitude which may last for a short time or for many years. I have had to constantly remind those with whom I work, then and now, we are citizens FIRST and LEO's second. "How would you expect to be treated as a citizen if the shoe were on the other foot!" It makes them think. But this is a double edged sword. If you are totally out of control and in need of correction then expect to be handled as harsh as necessary!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
I wonder how long before this thread is shut down too. Not allowing everyone too carry into the court house is a violation of the 2nd?
In a major NE Florida county there has been a new rule instituted that only uniformed officers may carry in that county's courthouse. Plainclothes officers must be unarmed. The reasons cited are the safety of the general public and the plainclothes officer. Second Amendment issue? Tell it to the judge. He's the one that made the rule. That's right. The chief judge made the rule.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #29

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
One of the problems with LEO's is when you first start in the profession many develop the 'us (cops) against them (everyone else)' attitude which may last for a short time or for many years. I have had to constantly remind those with whom I work, then and now, we are citizens FIRST and LEO's second. "How would you expect to be treated as a citizen if the shoe were on the other foot!" It makes them think. But this is a double edged sword. If you are totally out of control and in need of correction then expect to be handled as harsh as necessary!
Another big problem is the "special" rights enjoyed by LEO's and how some abuse it. No one should be looking to assault a peace officer, and if they try, they should absolutely be restrained with whatever force is necessary... BUT

...this does get abused by LEO's. Tactics like ordering people to disperse while "other officers" are blocking the path of egress are fairly typical. A citizen trying to comply with an order, "brushes past" another officer, and winds up cuffed, detained, or arrested for assault.

I've never been to a "protest" in my life... or had any negative contacts with LEO's... but still, I'm aware of this, so it's certainly happening.

The biggest problem I see is with attitude. I do not give LEO's attitude nor would I tolerate it from them. Respect is a 2 way street and the excuse of "doing my job" is insufficient when "ones job" involves tricking or intimidating citizens into waiving there 4th and 5th amendment protections.

If were being completely honest here, we can all recognize that "like it or not" a Cop's primary job is drug enforcement and the attitudes inevitably developed by folks trained to intimidate "compliance" from a population could very easily be misused to "intimidate" gun rights advocates.

Officers like you Jim, give us all hope that there are still "a few good men" out there doing an honorable job.

Unfortunately... I see American Law Enforcement as a "machine"... a self fulfilling prophecy requiring more and more "criminals" in order to justify it's ever expanding budgets, equipment, and personnel.

This "machine", IMHO, is as great a threat to Liberty as the Politicians who feed it.

Tack

Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #30

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Most cops dont mind ccw and are def progun. My friends uncle is a cop in my town and was saved by a ccp a few years back. I guess a guy hit him on a traffic stop amd was trying to fet his gun from him. A ccp (ccw) pulled over and drew on the bad guy. Not sure of how much truble or what my friends uncle said to him, but no one got shot and the bad guy went to jail. I know most are asking wheres the backup car idk either. It was my friends uncle the cop that told me the story.

you pew pew pew lately bro!?