Police Officers reaction to open carry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police Officers reaction to open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5149

open carry is open carry, but WHO, I MEAN WHO, carries a full-auto (or look-alike) weapon OC???

these dudes (carryin the MP) were lookin for a confrontation.......but didn't get what they wanted.

i have been for the 2A longer than i can remember, but it does not "comparatively" address the weapons of today, to yesteryear. when the 2A was drawn, muskets were being used.......flint or percussion, it was up to the owners of the firearm. it was powder, round-ball with wadding, pack, then flash the pan (or seat percussion cap).

so, with that in mind, it is with some "reasonable assessment" that the policemen and women of today, have the right (law on their side) to detain an individual, or group, that seem(s) to have "possible" FA weaponry.

now, granted, a modern, semi-auto pistol can be made full-auto, a "reasonable assessment" of any pistol, be-it semi-auto or revolver, should not be a detainable offense because it is a handgun and rare that modern handguns are FA (save VERY FEW).

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Last edited by USEBOTHHANDS; 08-21-2012 at 11:59 PM. Reason: clarified "dudes," as not in the officers

Old 08-21-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i think that officer did act very professional and with a lot of courtesy. i also believe he did have reasonable cause to inspect the firearm, and did inform the man that he was being detained until he verified it was a fully auto firearm without the proper paperwork. when he was satisfied it was a semi auto firearm, he informed the man he was no longer being detained. i also commend him on being supportive of the 2nd admendment. that officer is what LEO should aspire to act like. glad you posted this PPC. good one. what is a shame is, the ones who abuse their authority and make guys like this look bad in the eyes of the citizens.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #13

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Those guys were being such *******s . The cop was being nice about it and just wanted to make sure it wasnt full auto. I would have allowed him to do that.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #14

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5149

as i stated, if it were some sort of handgun.......i'd have a problem with it, but bein as it was a FA clone, carried OPENLY, the LEO was well within his rights to do exactly what needed to be done.

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #15

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

And for the record, in light of a new thread brought to my attention, I, in no way shape or form was "bashing" on this officer ... In fact within the first sentence I did quite the opposite, I commended him for a job well done.

Some people can be way too touchy and knee jerky... Sheesh
locutus Likes This 
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
And for the record, in light of a new thread brought to my attention, I, in no way shape or form was "bashing" on this officer ... In fact within the first sentence I did quite the opposite, I commended him for a job well done.

the only LEO's who need bashing are those who abuse their authority and try to make their own rules to suit their needs. then they need to be fired and find new employment at their local Jack In The Box! those who can't enforce the law without their own interpretation of it need to find another career field and let those who do their job with courtesy and distinction do the job. they need to bring back the professionalism of the motto, "to protect and serve"

Old 08-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Just another copycat who did a lousy job trying to imitate the other fools making the same videos.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #18

Liked 138 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Seems to me the guy toting the gun was looking for a rise and didn't get it. It must be a young guy thing... I myself prefer to be left alone and not draw attention. Cop handled things perfect.
vincent Likes This 
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #19

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

Obviously, I can't speak for the others, but I didn't take the OP as "cop bashing" on your part, Prime.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #20

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post

I knew what you meant from the get go...

And yes, LEO was professional and courteous IMHO...

Like UBH said...who the eff carries around a frickin' rifle in public??? I'm all for legal OC, and I get it but...it's not illegal for me to smash my left nut with a ball peen hammer either...doesn't mean I should do it...
People Like This