Police found stolen pistol - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police found stolen pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8691 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

+1 from a former statie here. Send letter, tell chief that you have been advised that firearm has been recovered, but that it has not been returned to you despite your request. Simply state that you wish to have Smython revolver, serial number 1234 returned to you at this time- or to be advised WHY your property is being unlawfully held by HIS DEPARTMENT.

If the people your gun was recovered from are under investigation for other crimes, yes, the crime lab may want a fired casing/bullet to do a matchup- but putting the CLEO on notice increases the care that somebody will take to see that i's get dotted.

Ran across a detective a few years back that made the statement that if it was up to him, NO "civilian" would have any firearm. Smiled, told him that it was fortunate that neither he nor I got everything we wished for, since I wished that public servants that acted like fools would be fired. Took him a minute to sort that one out.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 05-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
+1 from a former statie here. Send letter, tell chief that you have been advised that firearm has been recovered, but that it has not been returned to you despite your request. Simply state that you wish to have Smython revolver, serial number 1234 returned to you at this time- or to be advised WHY your property is being unlawfully held by HIS DEPARTMENT.

If the people your gun was recovered from are under investigation for other crimes, yes, the crime lab may want a fired casing/bullet to do a matchup- but putting the CLEO on notice increases the care that somebody will take to see that i's get dotted.

Ran across a detective a few years back that made the statement that if it was up to him, NO "civilian" would have any firearm. Smiled, told him that it was fortunate that neither he nor I got everything we wished for, since I wished that public servants that acted like fools would be fired. Took him a minute to sort that one out.
You sound like a trooper,( former), who has a great sense of decency and fair play about him. Both my grandpas' were LEO, one a city cop, and the other a PA trooper. Hats off to you, sir, and thank you for your public service.. It's/was appreciated...