Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Roll them all under the command of a Top Cop the voters can toss out of office any you will begin to see a change in attitudes and professional conduct.
Ok. Gotta go. See ya monday.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #42

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Not only am I not anti-cop but I am definately pro-cop. However, I am in agreement with position #2. I feel that these days citizens in many parts of the country are is as much danger, if not more, than the cops are.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #43

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

The idea that police are all special heroes to be honored seems as prevalent these days as the idea that teachers are underpaid saints who love children.

Some are...some aren't. Some do...some don't.

I just don't want to ever wake up in a police state with a militarized force of super-citizens that see themselves above the citizenry much in the manner that the Japanese Samurai did.

(BTW, just to be clear... I am no more anti-police than I am anti-teacher. I highly respect and honor both in my daily life with real people. I'm talking about the institutions, not the individual members.)

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
People Like This 
Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 680 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 3935

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post

For example, if government didn't force drugs to the black market, there would be no drug trade, you'd simply go to the pharmacy. Gang wars would cease to exist. Homicide and violent crime would fall dramatically.
Again, the police were not responsible for this, yet you keep bringing it up. Why?

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 680 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 3935

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
Yeah cause cops do such a good job with all of that. They AVOID gang areas (area's which they create by the way). And of course the only reason I don't drink and drive or speed is because I might bump into a cop. Yeah... that's exactly why I don't do any of those things that could instantly end my life or someone else's. Fear of a ticket.

Get real.
You really like assigning things to the police that they didn't cause, don't you?

Unless the police corralled the gangs, and put them in a gated area, they weren't the ones responsible.

Unless the police own and control the housing in projects and other low income areas, they are not the cause.

Now, if you have actual tangible proof of either of these, fine, share it. Otherwise, put the blame where it belongs (hint, NOT with the police).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #46

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I totally agree Mason609! The police are not to be blamed for social ills. The breakdown of the family and what our Founding Fathers called "self-government" are certainly not caused by the police. An extreme turn away from the Creator of the universe is the cause!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #47

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
The idea that police are all special heroes to be honored seems as prevalent these days as the idea that teachers are underpaid saints who love children.

Some are...some aren't. Some do...some don't.

I just don't want to ever wake up in a police state with a militarized force of super-citizens that see themselves above the citizenry much in the manner that the Japanese Samurai did.

(BTW, just to be clear... I am no more anti-police than I am anti-teacher. I highly respect and honor both in my daily life with real people. I'm talking about the institutions, not the individual members.)
Time to wake up Chris... You're ALREADY there.

Tack

Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #48
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 260 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I would agree with this and it highlights my point.

Those of us living in Blue States know exactly what every police force is capable of becoming... and it's not good... while folks in Red States and low population rural areas are still able to drink coffee with their police at the corner diner, ours run around in there "blacked out" cruisers and treat the public with indifference and hostility.

The complete lack of accountability is the problem. With a different agency for each jurisdiction who are charged with "investigating themselves" ... and a Union hamstringing any attempt fire to the bad ones... the end result everywhere becomes a version of today's LAPD... and IMHO... the LAPD is the most corrupt and dangerous criminal organization in America today.

Federal Grant dollars across multiple jurisdictions ALSO contribute to the problem. We've got jurisdictional Cop's, Highway Patrol, and even some Sheriff departments around the Country accepting Federal Money in exchange for executing illegal DUI Checkpoints and Immigration Checkpoints.

The Fed's don't give a sh!t about drunk driving or immigration... but the care deeply about "conscripting" local LEO's to do there biding.

Really... is anyone here OK with a Government check point to "show your papers"... illegally restricting our right to free travel and violating our right against unreasonable search and seizure?

With so many agencies out there, and the Fed's waiving these dollars around, it becomes a competition for funding with the bulk going to the department most willing to lick the Federal boot.

I'm not a fan of the "hippies"... but there were right about a few things and the advancing police state was one of them. I'm seeing it now because I ignored the tactics when they were "only" used in "blighted" "read... minority" communities.

You Red State folks will awaken to the same reality eventually... Its just a matter of time and resources.

Tack

PS... Sorry for the thread hi jack Chris... back to the point. OPTION 2
New Orleans P.D. is right in there w/LAPD for incompetence and corruption.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #49
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz

New Orleans P.D. is right in there w/LAPD for incompetence and corruption.
NYPD also, with their new racist frisking law.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #50
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7439 Times on 4060 Posts
Likes Given: 15311

This......

image-2187794569.jpg  

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Closed Thread