Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens? - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I think I've done as much as you, or anyone else on this forum, as far as supporting 2a rights.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #182

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUG3R44 View Post
I think I've done as much as you, or anyone else on this forum, as far as supporting 2a rights.
...and I would not disagree with that statement. But I am pointing out that because you are an LEO... you could effectively shut down the entire gun control argument if all of you had the fortitude to push your Union's to OPPOSE your mayors and city councils.

Tack
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #183

Quote:
push your Union's to OPPOSE your mayors and city councils
Non-union and Commissioners are already pro-gun. In fact at least one concealed carries on a regular basis. It'd be preaching to the choir. All my neighbors must be pro-gun judging by all the gunfire in my neighborhood. No one ever complains. I certainly don't.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #184

Quote:
Non-union and Commissioners are already pro-gun. In fact at least one concealed carries on a regular basis. It'd be preaching to the choir. All my neighbors must be pro-gun judging by all the gunfire in my neighborhood. No one ever complains. I certainly don't.
Ok... so your department is Non Union.

Is there no local LEO Association or Board that you Officers belong too? Is there no public statement your "pro gun" Commissioners could make? Absolutely NO way to let the Citizens of your jurisdiction know where you stand... and more importantly, let the Fed's know what you WON'T do?

How much damage did the Constitutional Sheriffs do to the Head of Steam coming out of DC in the Wake of Obama's post Newtown calls for added restrictions?

How quickly could we ride the "universal BGC" BS into the ground if LEO organizations across the Country began explaining exactly why it won't work, and why you won't waste resources enforcing it.

The point of all of this IS public opinion. Without it, the gun grabbers are neutered... and like it or not, the "public" opinion of LEO's swings the fence sitters.

Tack
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Is there no local LEO Association or Board that you Officers belong too? Is there no public statement your "pro gun" Commissioners could make? Absolutely NO way to let the Citizens of your jurisdiction know where you stand... and more importantly, let the Fed's know what you WON'T do?

How much damage did the Constitutional Sheriffs do to the Head of Steam coming out of DC in the Wake of Obama's post Newtown calls for added restrictions?

How quickly could we ride the "universal BGC" BS into the ground if LEO organizations across the Country began explaining exactly why it won't work, and why you won't waste resources enforcing it.

The point of all of this IS public opinion. Without it, the gun grabbers are neutered... and like it or not, the "public" opinion of LEO's swings the fence sitters.

Tack
Now we agree!!!
People Like This 
Old 03-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #186
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I don't know man; I heard Robo or one of those Texas boys actually ate a libtard once.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #187

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Tack
Can't disagree too much

I'm pro gun, NRA member the whole 9. To those of you who say cops should lead i understand, but put yourself in their shoes. That's a lot to ask and risk. I would do it but I don't work in an anti gun area.

If you think police should do it fine. Put your money where your mouth is and risk your job career and livelihood to make a statement. Walk/drive through the ghetto under equipped? That is in essence what your asking of LEOs. Is freedom worth it sure, but don't act as if your fighting the same fight on equal footing, your sacrifice is hardly that. If your a deputy in a right to work state your job is completely up to the sheriff. If you make a wrong move your done. Again you can't walk in those shoes.

In the end the major manufacturers will never stop selling to LEOs regardless. This whole debate is over nothing. The focus should be on your representatives and the people who actually try to invoke these changes. But if you think not selling to LEOs on someway forces LEOs to your cause I guess go for it.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #188
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7457 Times on 4068 Posts
Likes Given: 15349

Just for Tack. Cops hate it when citizens know their rights.

http://www.break.com/index/hardcore-criminals-not-opening-doors-2425661

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #189

Quote:
Now we agree!!!
RUG...

Knew we'd get there eventually...

Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #190
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

J4454, we are not wanting to disarm any LEO or to impede his ability to do his job in a safe manner. what we do want, is that those in LE to stand with us and voice their displeasure at restrictions and bans. that any LAC should be afforded the same rights and courtesy as LEO's in regards to self defence.

i think Tack wnats more LEO's to be more vocal. agreeing that restrictions and bans are not right and unconstitutional isn't enough. silent agreement does us no good at all. we need everyone, including LEO's to be just as vocal.

Closed Thread