Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
I find it amusing that you equate "construction" with "carpentry" and then deride carpentry, which happens to be a highly skilled and respected proffesion.

I am actualy a project manager. I bid, negotiate, and write contracts with values ranging for 50k up to 25 Million.

I will not sink to your level of insulting anyones trade despite the proof you've provided of you belonging to the 1% of "special" ass hats who've no business wearing a badge, let alone a gun.

If and when things go terribly wrong in this country, it will be because mouthy dip sh!ts like you... Suffering from little man's syndrome... And compensating for your 2"'penis by asserting your "authority" like "Cartman" in the "Hall Monitor" episode of South Park FINALLY manage to cross the wrong line with the wrong man.

I've met your type many times. You spent your youth acting like the neighbors poodle who would come screaming off the porch to challenge passers by only to hit the brakes and backpeddal the moment you were looked at.

Your burning need to be respected despite your lack of character is what led you to the badge and an elder member of your Familly must have pulled some strings to get your pudgy ass into and through the academy.

Go ahead... Attempt another smart ass response partner. It's been awhile since I've needed to shred an idiot but you are more than worthy.

Tack
Lol your can dish it but can't take it. I grew up in a small town and now work for a department of over 1800 officers in a large city. I am the first in my family to be in law enforcement. You degrade my job then barbers but I'm supposed to show respect for your job? A job which requires no education? And little to no training?

I do a job you could never do. We both know it. I'm trained to have a gun your just afforded one by the second amendment. Your job could be done by a 16 year old. First your in construction now your a "project manager"/keyboard badass.

Again at least I only speak to subject I actually have knowledge of. I have a bachelors and am working on my masters. Im still I'm not as arrogant as you a "project manager" of god knows what. Enjoy your porta Jon. Maybe go give out knowledge on anther forum where you actual have some knowledge of the subjects. "I know police unions I'm a construction worker!" Hahahha Your a moron. Are you know the official firearm forum bully who degrades anyone who disagrees with you? Good luck hurting my feelings sweetheart I deal with worse trash than you daily.

Ps I could care less if a fat toothless construction worker respects me, I'm just happy you can read

Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #132

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

J4454 Tack does this every time anything law enforcement comes up on here. He cheered on Dorner but when I called him on it he said oh no I had it all wrong he respects cops. On this thread he compared local police to the Gestapo but oh no he hasn't been doing any name calling. He is on the outside looking in and thinks talking to a few cops in passing makes him an expert on what we should do. I explained once before how my union doesn't take political stances but he ignored that fact much like any other fact brought up by the people with the actual experience he sorely lacks.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #133

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat
J4454 Tack does this every time anything law enforcement comes up on here. He cheered on Dorner but when I called him on it he said oh no I had it all wrong he respects cops. On this thread he compared local police to the Gestapo but oh no he hasn't been doing any name calling. He is on the outside looking in and thinks talking to a few cops in passing makes him an expert on what we should do. I explained once before how my union doesn't take political stances but he ignored that fact much like any other fact brought up by the people with the actual experience he sorely lacks.
Good to know know. The majority of the people on here are reasonable so one nut doesn't spoil the bunch

Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #134

Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Once again... our 2 resident "Keystone Cops" are full of excuses.

Can't take a stand publicly... Can't use there unions to speak for them...

"No one understands how tough our job is"... yada yada yada...

Thanks for making my point Gentlemen. Your "lip service" of supporting 2A is noted.

It is apparent that when push comes to shove, and the Fed's tell your departments to act in violation of the Constitution, "you two", will snap a salute, put one your best "Cartman" attitude, and commence with your "attempt" at disarmament.

It will be interesting to see how far you get with that.

Tack

Old 03-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #135

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Tack once again your hatred of the police and distrust of the govt. has made it impossible to have any kind of discussion with you on this matter. I didn't expect to change your mind but only point out how you are incorrect. These are fun though I've shared many of your comments with my coworkers and we all get a good laugh. Laughing at how wrong you are not because we are all plotting to violate your rights. I feel the need to clarify before you try making up something else about the police.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:43 PM   #136
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 849 Times on 519 Posts
Likes Given: 332

I think the root of this discussion lies in a change in perception of "law enforcement...hear me out...

I grew up knowing police as the friendly, ready to help, guardians of the local residents.
Many years later, I now know them primarily as hiding behind a shrub near a spot of speed decrease waiting for someone to miss the posted change. Perhaps traveling with traffic, slower than the speed limit, with a following of uneasy drivers that are timidly attempting to move past the patrol car without appearing to be going faster. I will see up to 10 active traffic stake outs on any given Sunday as I make the 120 mile return trip from my deer lease!

I live in a rural community with no 'beat' patrols and very little interaction outside of traffic monitoring. In Texas there are local PD, sheriffs, highway patrol, constables, and safety officers....a LOT of law enforcement!

To be fair...there are a LOT of possible offenses that were not there 30 years ago, and a lot more drivers. Seatbelt, inspection sticker, cell use, expanded school zones...to name a few. Basically we have legislated them into more of a punishment (read-revenue enhancement) role and there is need for more of them than there used to be. This change in interaction has, IMO, altered the perception of their function of serving the community to an active ticket/fine machine. Enough about traffic!

Extreme examples of small towns purchasing helicopters, armored personnel vehicles, and forming well equipped swat squads does not help...nor does the possibility of police drones...ugh!

I am, obviously, not in law enforcement. My observations may be shared by others, but as presented are mine alone.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

People Like This 
Old 03-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #137

Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
Tack once again your hatred of the police and distrust of the govt. has made it impossible to have any kind of discussion with you on this matter. I didn't expect to change your mind but only point out how you are incorrect. These are fun though I've shared many of your comments with my coworkers and we all get a good laugh. Laughing at how wrong you are not because we are all plotting to violate your rights. I feel the need to clarify before you try making up something else about the police.
Hat...

I don't think any of you are "plotting to violate rights".

I do think you lack the Character to refuse "unlawful" orders... and I do think far too many of you "claim" to be good cops, and "perhaps" don't directly violate rights... but you certainly DO NOT stand up and speak out when your fellow officers do.

This entire "tit for tat" conversation boils down to you fellas rejecting accountability and bashing anyone who demands it.

Your "protected" whenever you do cross the line... and far too many of you justify it by claiming the public just does not understand the dangers and stress involved.

Perhaps much of the "public" does not understand... but those of us who have served overseas, who have been paid to carry a gun, have a pretty good idea.

Long story short... many of us will continue to advocate for "equal protection" to strip LEO's of State and Federal exemptions to firearms laws because at the end of the day... you are no more a "citizen" than anyone else.

Tack

Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #138

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

The way i see it is that the police put themselves in dangerous situations to protect the public. Situations that would have most civilians running the other way. So they might need extra equipment that a civilian would not need. Situations like the North Hollywood shootout for example.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #139
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
The way i see it is that the police put themselves in dangerous situations to protect the public. Situations that would have most civilians running the other way. So they might need extra equipment that a civilian would not need. Situations like the North Hollywood shootout for example.
The police do not need more powerful guns than civilians for several reasons.

For starters, the 2nd Amendment was set up so that the civilian population would be just as well armed as the military or police.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #140

Liked 364 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
For starters, the 2nd Amendment was set up so that the civilian population would be just as well armed as the military or police.
I think you are in trouble with being as well armed as the American military.

Closed Thread