Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens? - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Garadex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalifornia
Posts: 1,267
Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default

If I face the same threats as a cop I want the same gear, so position #1 but only as long as I can own the same stuff which kind of turns it into position #2.

__________________

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Garadex is offline  
 
Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #122
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 240
Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

IIRC NYPD, back in the 80's, used to carry revolvers loaded w .38 spcl. wadcutters. Perhaps they should go back to that set up?

__________________
AVENGE ME!!
RUG3R44 is offline  
 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUG3R44 View Post
IIRC NYPD, back in the 80's, used to carry revolvers loaded w .38 spcl. wadcutters. Perhaps they should go back to that set up?
They'd probably hit fewer innocent bystanders...
__________________

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #124
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 240
Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

I'm really disappointed in you tack... You mispelled by bystanders..... I expect better from you! jk.

__________________
AVENGE ME!!

Last edited by RUG3R44; 03-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.
RUG3R44 is offline  
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #125
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wake, NC
Posts: 1,129
Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
Your so uninformed its comical. There are union states and then there are right to work states so not all polices officers are in a position to speak out. You again act as if you know what you are talking about but it is clear you are nothing more that a keyboard warrior with opinion formed from the Internet; you have little to no real world experience with anything you speak of. I'm sure you will continue to bless us with all of your "knowledge". Your a douche and I'm pretty sure even you know it
You don't need to be in a Union to express your opinion, and if you feel you're in a position where you're gonna lose your job for expressing the opinion that the organization should have higher standards, then you should probably get out anyway.
__________________
[Remington 870 12GA][Stoeger Model 3500 12GA][Savage 116 .30-06][Savage Model 10 Bull Barrel .223][Marlin 336SS .30-30][Marlin 39A .22][Marlin Model 60 22LR][Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm][Ruger MkIII 22LR]

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
tCan is offline  
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #126
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
Your so uninformed its comical. There are union states and then there are right to work states so not all polices officers are in a position to speak out. You again act as if you know what you are talking about but it is clear you are nothing more that a keyboard warrior with opinion formed from the Internet; you have little to no real world experience with anything you speak of. I'm sure you will continue to bless us with all of your "knowledge". Your a douche and I'm pretty sure even you know it
So... now, I'm an "uniformed douche"... Please enlighten me by providing some facts.

On one hand you seem to be completely missing the point... and your fall back position of insults would be comical if it were not so pathetically weak.

So... not all LEO's have Unions... Hmm, that's a new one too me but OK... and it excuses LEO's with Unions from doing nothing why?

Look, all I'm asking for is all these rank and file Cops... who supposedly support 2A and claim they would not enforce such laws to state it Publicly and Use the Union to do so if you fear retaliation.

We have a few LEO's here who get upset with me for honestly stating the true intent of 2A... which is to preserve our liberty, by force, even deadly force, if need be.

Rather that getting pissy with the guy who's calling out what for "some of you" is BS claims of supporting 2A... How about you actually lead something from withing the ranks of your Department? How about you contact your union rep and request a secret ballot on the issue of "no confidence", if you have a Union, and IF your Chief is anti gun?

Honestly, I fail see why this notion is so upsetting? Is it because you lack the balls to officially say anything besides "yes sir"... Or is it because in your mind, a lowly civilian "even one with 6 years of Infantry Service", has no business questioning you?

Whichever it is... get over it. Your not special, regardless of how many times your mommy may have said you were...

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #127
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 154
Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

So... now, I'm an "uniformed douche"... Please enlighten me by providing some facts.

On one hand you seem to be completely missing the point... and your fall back position of insults would be comical if it were not so pathetically weak.

So... not all LEO's have Unions... Hmm, that's a new one too me but OK... and it excuses LEO's with Unions from doing nothing why?

Look, all I'm asking for is all these rank and file Cops... who supposedly support 2A and claim they would not enforce such laws to state it Publicly and Use the Union to do so if you fear retaliation.

We have a few LEO's here who get upset with me for honestly stating the true intent of 2A... which is to preserve our liberty, by force, even deadly force, if need be.

Rather that getting pissy with the guy who's calling out what for "some of you" is BS claims of supporting 2A... How about you actually lead something from withing the ranks of your Department? How about you contact your union rep and request a secret ballot on the issue of "no confidence", if you have a Union, and IF your Chief is anti gun?

Honestly, I fail see why this notion is so upsetting? Is it because you lack the balls to officially say anything besides "yes sir"... Or is it because in your mind, a lowly civilian "even one with 6 years of Infantry Service", has no business questioning you?

Whichever it is... get over it. Your not special, regardless of how many times your mommy may have said you were...

Tack
I'm just pointing out you know little to nothing about the job so stop acting as if you do. I agree 100% LEOs should stand up regardless of red or blue state or union. With that said giving LEOs lesser equipment is dumb. Criminals aren't less armed. I see your argument but your way of doing things is ass backwards. Don't attack the officer attack the legislation.
__________________
j4454 is offline  
 
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #128
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
I'm just pointing out you know little to nothing about the job so stop acting as if you do. I agree 100% LEOs should stand up regardless of red or blue state or union. With that said giving LEOs lesser equipment is dumb. Criminals aren't less armed. I see your argument but your way of doing things is ass backwards. Don't attack the officer attack the legislation.
I never claimed to have been a Cop and readily admit that I do not have the temperment to do that job... But 15 years in Construction means I do know a thing or two about Unions.

You agree LEO's should stand up... but offer nothing to motivate them, instead you attack and insult what many find to be a good idea.

Your are correct, criminals are not less armed, which is why any Cop allowing himself to be used as a "gun control prop" deserves to patrol and trust his life to the exact same limitations put on us Civilians.

It's not "attacking officers" to state that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If it's all of our hope to avoid a conflict between LEO's and law abiding citizens who are forced to defend there property and liberty when and if the law changes... then which path makes more sense?

Continuing to act as though a Cops jobs "entitles" him to weapons we can't own... OR ensuring that "equal protection" under the law is carried out and that the "enforcers" of Government Force are restricted to the same equipment we get to have?

Personally, I believe that dragging them into our boat will be far more effective at motivation them to act before conflict becomes inevitable... than licking there boots, fawning upon there "special status", or kissing there ass in general.

YMMV.

Tack

P.S. If the "job" is so stressful that you can not control the urge to lash out like a 6 year old child when someone questions you... perhaps you should consider BARBER COLLEGE.
__________________

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-25-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 AM   #129
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 154
Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I never claimed to have been a Cop and readily admit that I do not have the temperment to do that job... But 15 years in Construction means I do know a thing or two about Unions.

You agree LEO's should stand up... but offer nothing to motivate them, instead you attack and insult what many find to be a good idea.

Your are correct, criminals are not less armed, which is why any Cop allowing himself to be used as a "gun control prop" deserves to patrol and trust his life to the exact same limitations put on us Civilians.

It's not "attacking officers" to state that what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

If it's all of our hope to avoid a conflict between LEO's and law abiding citizens who are forced to defend there property and liberty when and if the law changes... then which path makes more sense?

Continuing to act as though a Cops jobs "entitles" him to weapons we can't own... OR ensuring that "equal protection" under the law is carried out and that the "enforcers" of Government Force are restricted to the same equipment we get to have?

Personally, I believe that dragging them into our boat will be far more effective at motivation them to act before conflict becomes inevitable... than licking there boots, fawning upon there "special status", or kissing there ass in general.

YMMV.

Tack

P.S. If the "job" is so stressful that you can not control the urge to lash out like a 6 year old child when someone questions you... perhaps you should consider BARBER COLLEGE.
Don't be a hypocrite your the one name calling. I don't need your miss guided "help" in joining the fight. I don't want to be more or less armed than the average citizen I want to be more armed than the average criminal. You argument is terribly flawed.

I do my job with courtesy everyday. Ever stop I am audio and video recorded. If I get a complaint my LT listens to the tape I am held to a higher standard than any other profession I am aware of.

So I should go to barber school? Says the construction worker?! Lol you really need to put down the hammer and read a book or something because you are a man of half formed opinions. At least I only speak to subjects in which I have actual knowledge.

You know unions? What good does that do you of you are speaking about police and you don't understand there unions and the differences state to state. You sir are an idiot and an uniformed one at that. Until we talk about 2x4 or hammers you should keep your childish opinions to yourself
__________________
j4454 is offline  
 
Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #130
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,077
Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

I find it amusing that you equate "construction" with "carpentry" and then deride carpentry, which happens to be a highly skilled and respected proffesion.

I am actualy a project manager. I bid, negotiate, and write contracts with values ranging for 50k up to 25 Million.

I will not sink to your level of insulting anyones trade despite the proof you've provided of you belonging to the 1% of "special" ass hats who've no business wearing a badge, let alone a gun.

If and when things go terribly wrong in this country, it will be because mouthy dip sh!ts like you... Suffering from little man's syndrome... And compensating for your 2"'penis by asserting your "authority" like "Cartman" in the "Hall Monitor" episode of South Park FINALLY manage to cross the wrong line with the wrong man.

I've met your type many times. You spent your youth acting like the neighbors poodle who would come screaming off the porch to challenge passers by only to hit the brakes and backpeddal the moment you were looked at.

Your burning need to be respected despite your lack of character is what led you to the badge and an elder member of your Familly must have pulled some strings to get your pudgy ass into and through the academy.

Go ahead... Attempt another smart ass response partner. It's been awhile since I've needed to shred an idiot but you are more than worthy.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
Don't be a hypocrite your the one name calling. I don't need your miss guided "help" in joining the fight. I don't want to be more or less armed than the average citizen I want to be more armed than the average criminal. You argument is terribly flawed.

I do my job with courtesy everyday. Ever stop I am audio and video recorded. If I get a complaint my LT listens to the tape I am held to a higher standard than any other profession I am aware of.

So I should go to barber school? Says the construction worker?! Lol you really need to put down the hammer and read a book or something because you are a man of half formed opinions. At least I only speak to subjects in which I have actual knowledge.

You know unions? What good does that do you of you are speaking about police and you don't understand there unions and the differences state to state. You sir are an idiot and an uniformed one at that. Until we talk about 2x4 or hammers you should keep your childish opinions to yourself
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Citizens from 21 states have filed petitions to secede Seven Politics, Religion and Controversy 25 11-13-2012 10:52 AM
Anti-Islam Movie Maker Wants Police Protection alsaqr Politics, Religion and Controversy 77 09-22-2012 02:30 PM
Off limits NGIB Politics, Religion and Controversy 27 06-22-2010 01:29 PM
most pro-gun to anti-gun states taseal The Club House 2 08-23-2008 05:47 PM
U.N. anti gun/anti freedom movement opaww Legal and Activism 3 05-08-2007 09:31 PM