Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3730 Times on 1842 Posts
Likes Given: 1012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub1686 View Post
I think it would be awesome to fire/ demote a Chief on his political ties, but that goes
against most union bylaws/m.o.u.'s. How can you vote "no confidence" for something that has nothing to do with police work. I could understand if he couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn.
When the ultimate goal is disarmament... When there are over 100 Million private gun owners... And when a substantial percentage of them would choose to not only resist disarmament, but resist violently if need be, yes, it DOES have a little something to do with police work.

It absolutely creates an unreasonable level of risk for anyone wearing a badge, and it does so for no valid reason because it will do nothing to lower criminal activity.

Tack
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 AM   #112

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

I still dont see it.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
I still dont see it.
Don't see what?

Old 03-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #114

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
When the ultimate goal is disarmament... When there are over 100 Million private gun owners... And when a substantial percentage of them would choose to not only resist disarmament, but resist violently if need be, yes, it DOES have a little something to do with police work.

It absolutely creates an unreasonable level of risk for anyone wearing a badge, and it does so for no valid reason because it will do nothing to lower criminal activity.

Tack
I understand what you are saying here. We should be prepared for the gov. to try and take our arms. City, County and State gov. will be the first to receive orders from higher ups to disarm the public. But I believe our Police/ Sheriffs/ State Cops (Boots on the ground) have our back. This is just a wild ass guess. Yes we do have bad cops. But we also have bad Teachers, Cooks, salesmen, contractors, etc.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:00 AM   #115

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Don't see what?
The name calling you've been accused of.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 03-25-2013, 04:06 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub1686 View Post
I understand what you are saying here. We should be prepared for the gov. to try and take our arms. City, County and State gov. will be the first to receive orders from higher ups to disarm the public. But I believe our Police/ Sheriffs/ State Cops (Boots on the ground) have our back. This is just a wild ass guess. Yes we do have bad cops. But we also have bad Teachers, Cooks, salesmen, contractors, etc.
Your feelings hilight my point perfectly. We all know Cops we trust... We've all heard from Cops "off the record" that they have our backs, but the only Cops who've EVER broken with the political calls for gun control are 200 or so County Sheriffs who've come forward since Sandy Hook to say NO... we won't do this.

High time the rank and file LEO's working for big city Chiefs did the same thing by using there Unions as there voice of opposition.

Does this carry some risk? Might the City "negotiate" there next contract with a bit more zeal? Might the Union higher ups resist?

Of course they will... Be ready for it... Grab your balls... And vote em out if they don't tow your line.

Tack

Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #117
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7363 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 9480

I guess we are way too deep in here now to add a poll to this thread. Too bad. So far is there anyone who agrees with #1? I am with option 2 and would probably go for option 3 as well if there were a clearly defined option.

Say, does Facebook have an option for people to post polls? That would be sweet.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:25 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
The name calling you've been accused of.
Ahh ya... Gotcha

Old 03-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #119
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Now clearly I have been on one side of the argument, but we can all agree with number 2, yes. And I think we can all say that the people leading the police are corrupt and that cops have done some unconstitutional things. And cops do have too much power. But in the end, your local street cops are generally on your side. And those who have been disagreeing with us on position 3 do you understand where our distrust does come from.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
People Like This 
Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #120

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Aww... Don't run of j4454... What pray tell will this board do without your pearls of wisdom?

So... I'm starting by attacking LEO's exemptions huh? I've actually been engaged in this debate for 20 years. For 2 decades I've heard from LEO's, those I know personally and those who chime in here, privately stating that oppose any additional gun control, and that's great.

Unfortunately, public opinion and political opinion is not measure by what you guys tell us "off line".

It's measured by how many of you prostitute the uniform by standing behind Obama, Schumer, Bloomburgs, Ect... As they are calling for more restrictions to protect the public and to protect LEOS.

We understand it's a sh!ty position and speaking out publicly would bs met with retaliation from the bosses but you guys DO have a Union.

We've all seen numerous occasions where LEO Unions have held votes of "no confidence" in your leadership.

So... If the vast majority of LEO's reject gun control, then why don't we see similar votes of no confidence on this issue when a Chief stands up with a liberal mayor? Why don't they use the voice of the Union to speak for them?

Does the Union not work you, the LEO... or is it just another liberal voting machine and you're actually it's lapdog?

Tack
Your so uninformed its comical. There are union states and then there are right to work states so not all polices officers are in a position to speak out. You again act as if you know what you are talking about but it is clear you are nothing more that a keyboard warrior with opinion formed from the Internet; you have little to no real world experience with anything you speak of. I'm sure you will continue to bless us with all of your "knowledge". Your a douche and I'm pretty sure even you know it

Closed Thread