Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
All I want is for people to try and work with LEOs to fix these issues. Believe it or not most officers bleed red white and blue and want the same things. Don't let the medias portrayals cloud that
I agree, and I have met some really great cops. One I will not name nor say where he works at to keep him from getting into trouble. But we sat on the side of the road one day and joked and laughed until we both hurt. I'll bet we bull Sh_ted for over an hour.

There is good and bad in all things, if we can effect something to make it better that is cool
Old 03-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #102

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

I've never claimed to have been violated.

But I'm a clean cut White man, honorably discharged Infantry Vet, and gainfully employed every day of my life.

Sounds to me like we have 3 LEO's here... Or 1 LEO and a couple of posers backing him up... Looking to discredit logical arguments by injecting everything from criminal vandalism to OWS style anarchist?

One of you "children" actualy accused me of instigating revolution?

The topic of the thread is pretty clear and the answer is simple. Cops who lack the BALLS to refuse being used as a prop for "pick your LIBTARD Mayor" at the next gun contol photo op should ABSOLUTELY be restricted to the same tools allowed to the citizens.

Eliminating LEO exemptions from State and Federal restriction on gun ownership IS the crusade of this decade.

The old NRA always stood with you fellas regardless of what your ass hat chiefs supported but the old guards days are numbered... LaPier is loosing ground, and when that change comes it will come with a new mandate of supporting candidate willing to support "equal protection" laws that will strip all LEO's of their exempt status.

Are you waking up now? Does it suck to realize you'll be fully in out boat shortly?

WTF up and get fully and public on the Pro Gun side or you will find yourselves partoling with the same "slingshots" were allowed to own.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
Tack, Tcan, and Opaww should get in a car and drive around obeying all traffic laws and see how often they get stopped and their rights violated. Back up all your bs statements about living in a police state. You are all very wrong on many accounts. Police are not an occupying force chomping at the bit to take away or violate anyone's rights. The only people we don't want to have what we have are the bad people, as in turds that steal them and use them to commit crimes. I haven't met another cop yet that wants any kind of mag ban, ar ban, or any new laws regarding gun ownership. Stop putting what some idiots in DC want to do on your local law enforcement. Oh and I forget who said it but something about we don't have to worry about home invasion and we aren't in anymore danger than anyone else. Well I have a home and bad guys know how to use the Internet.

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #103
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19939 Times on 11331 Posts
Likes Given: 50257

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
You think I sit idle? Who do you think "the pressure" comes from? People like me.
i don't know. haven't got a clue as to what you do or don't do.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #104

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

But I'm a clean cut White man, honorably discharged Infantry Vet, and gainfully employed every day of my life.

Sounds to me like we have 3 LEO's here... Or 1 LEO and a couple of posers backing him up... Looking to discredit logical arguments by injecting everything from criminal vandalism to OWS style anarchist?

The topic of the thread is pretty clear and the answer is simple. Cops who lack the BALLS to refuse being used as a prop for "pick your LIBTARD Mayor" at the next gun contol photo op should ABSOLUTELY be restricted to the same tools allowed to the citizens.

Eliminating LEO exemptions from State and Federal restriction on gun ownership IS the crusade of this decade.

The old NRA always stood with you fellas regardless of what you ass hat chiefs supported but the old guards days are numbered... LaPier is loosing ground, and when that change comes it will come with a new mandate of supporting candidate willing to support "equal protection" laws that will strip all LEO's of their exempt status.

Are you waking up now? Does it suck to realize you'll be fully in out boat shortly?

WTF up and get fully and public on the Pro Gun side or you will find yourselves partoling with the same "slingshots" were allowed to own.

Tack
My last remark to you. I think something should be done about the stripping of our rights, but starting by attack LEO exceptions is an ass backward way to do it there are far more productive ways to do it. LEOs are generally on your side.

i still think your a lil out there. I also appreciate your name calling, EVERYONE loves an Internet badass. Good luck with whatever you do in your life to make a difference even if all you do is sit in front of a computer.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #105

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

So in order to wake up, I need to complain about cops with 30rd. mags? I agree we should have the same weapons, but why fight with fellow gun supporters? I don't think the 3 year police officer has a say in what weapon system the department purchases. Maybe you should wake up and complain to someone a little higher in rank then boots on the ground. Its your name calling and child like behavior that gives the pro gun supporters bad names.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #106

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Wait? Who's name calling? Oh, that was made up too? Okay.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #107

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

The old NRA always stood with you fellas regardless of what you ass hat chiefs supported but the old guards days are numbered... LaPier is loosing ground, and when that change comes it will come with a new mandate of supporting candidate willing to support "equal protection" laws that will strip all LEO's of their exempt status.

Tack
Right here.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:52 AM   #108

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

What law enforcement does is now more transparent than ever. Departments have voluntarily added dash cams as well as body worn cameras. My dept already has a few body worn cams but funding hasn't allowed for every officer to have one yet. It may seem to some like we are the "Gestapo" (tack) but depts are going the opposite direction. Everything is out in the open an more available for public scrutiny.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #109

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
My last remark to you. I think something should be done about the stripping of our rights, but starting by attack LEO exceptions is an ass backward way to do it there are far more productive ways to do it. LEOs are generally on your side.

i still think your a lil out there. I also appreciate your name calling, EVERYONE loves an Internet badass. Good luck with whatever you do in your life to make a difference even if all you do is sit in front of a computer.
Aww... Don't run of j4454... What pray tell will this board do without your pearls of wisdom?

So... I'm starting by attacking LEO's exemptions huh? I've actually been engaged in this debate for 20 years. For 2 decades I've heard from LEO's, those I know personally and those who chime in here, privately stating that oppose any additional gun control, and that's great.

Unfortunately, public opinion and political opinion is not measure by what you guys tell us "off line".

It's measured by how many of you prostitute the uniform by standing behind Obama, Schumer, Bloomburgs, Ect... As they are calling for more restrictions to protect the public and to protect LEOS.

We understand it's a sh!ty position and speaking out publicly would be met with retaliation from the bosses but you guys DO have a Union.

We've all seen numerous occasions where LEO Unions have held votes of "no confidence" in your leadership.

So... If the vast majority of LEO's reject gun control, then why don't we see similar votes of no confidence on this issue when a Chief stands up with a liberal mayor? Why don't they use the voice of the Union to speak for them?

Does the Union not work you, the LEO... or is it just another liberal voting machine and you're actually it's lapdog?

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-26-2013 at 05:41 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-25-2013, 02:10 AM   #110

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think it would be awesome to fire/ demote a Chief on his political ties, but that goes
against most union bylaws/m.o.u.'s. How can you vote "no confidence" for something that has nothing to do with police work. I could understand if he couldn't shoot the broad side of a barn.

Closed Thread