Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #91
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454 View Post
Read grandpa...what i meant is if you don't work toward fixing the problem productively no one wants to listen to you.. If I denied you your rights who would you call? The police. Don't give this I'd do it on my own crap. Raise your hand if you've actually done the job and know what it takes? If you have a problem actively do something...but remember the majority does still love America and doesn't constantly try and bring her down
i have to agree that unless you can merit 24/7 protection from the BG's by LE, then the citizen is the first line of defence against the BG's.

where i live, in a rural area, response time could be at least 15 minutes or more. how much bad or how far could a BG get in 15-20 minutes? a lot! hence i am very well armed. i also believe in providing for my own safety and well being and really do not want to be dependent upon others for it.

most LEO's are merely responders to crime and criminal acts. they are reactionary, and by nature not mostly pro-active. this not a bashing on LEO's by any means, just simple facts and numbers. we the citizens way outnumber the LEO's by a huge ratio. they can't be everywhere and they never will be. it's just a matter of simple numbers to realize that fact.

i live in a county of about 23,000 residents. divide that number by the total number of LE on the job at most times of about 25, this includes PD and sheriffs dept. that is about 920 residents per LEO. just simple math.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
This is a joke right? It's in the news every week. "Cop receives paid vacation, DA declines to prosecute after brutal beating."
so they are now guilty until proven innocent? even if they do break the law, they deserve the same due process as anyone else.

just because it's reported in the news, that makes it true? i guess you believe everthing you read on the internet or see on TV as well!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #93

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Read grandpa...what i meant is if you don't work toward fixing the problem productively no one wants to listen to you.. If I denied you your rights who would you call? The police. Don't give this I'd do it on my own crap. Raise your hand if you've actually done the job and know what it takes? If you have a problem actively do something...but remember the majority does still love America and doesn't constantly try and bring her down
Believe it or not I do agree with this. I have been very active in rights matters for everyone for a long time. I have stood with good cops who tried to fight a corrupt system. But people do get old, and things don't work well any more. Even when I was younger I wanted to be in Law Enforcement but it was not to be.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #94

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i have to agree that unless you can merit 24/7 protection from the BG's by LE, then the citizen is the first line of defence against the BG's.

where i live, in a rural area, response time could be at least 15 minutes or more. how much bad or how far could a BG get in 15-20 minutes? a lot! hence i am very well armed. i also believe in providing for my own safety and well being and really do not want to be dependent upon others for it.

most LEO's are merely responders to crime and criminal acts. they are reactionary, and by nature not mostly pro-active. this not a bashing on LEO's by any means, just simple facts and numbers. we the citizens way outnumber the LEO's by a huge ratio. they can't be everywhere and they never will be. it's just a matter of simple numbers to realize that fact.

i live in a county of about 23,000 residents. divide that number by the total number of LE on the job at most times of about 25, this includes PD and sheriffs dept. that is about 920 residents per LEO. just simple math.
Exactly and just what I was trying to get at
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #95

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Quote:
Do you know the whole story? The Rodney kings officers are no longer employed. So you just believe what the media says? Well I can't argue with you. You probably think everything on the Internet is true too
I believe the video. The Rodney King event was an exception to the rule that police receive special treatment. Besides, criminal court failed in that event. King had to go to civil court to receive restitution.

Quote:
If I denied you your rights who would you call? The police.
Nope, my lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
so they are now guilty until proven innocent? even if they do break the law, they deserve the same due process as anyone else.

just because it's reported in the news, that makes it true? i guess you believe everthing you read on the internet or see on TV as well!
Sure. Except when the DA makes special exceptions for cops. If I accuse a cop of assaulting me, he should get a trial just the same I do if I'm accused of a crime. But the DA won't do the paperwork simply because the accused is a cop. That's wrong on so many levels. When I see it, I shake with anger.

There's no due process in that.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Last edited by tCan; 03-25-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #96

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww

Believe it or not I do agree with this. I have been very active in rights matters for everyone for a long time. I have stood with good cops who tried to fight a corrupt system. But people do get old, and things don't work well any more. Even when I was younger I wanted to be in Law Enforcement but it was not to be.
All I want is for people to try and work with LEOs to fix these issues. Believe it or not most officers bleed red white and blue and want the same things. Don't let the medias portrayals cloud that
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #97

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan

I believe the video.

Nope, my lawyer.

Sure. Except when the DA makes special exceptions for cops. If I accuse a cop of assaulting me, he should get a trial just the same I do if I'm accused of a crime. But the DA won't do the paperwork simply because the accused is a cop. That's wrong on so many levels. When I see it, I shake with anger.

Call your lawyer....SMH you sir are apart of the problem

Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #98

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Dont do anything wrong then. Pretty easy. I am sure the video starts with King minding his own business.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
I believe the video.

Nope, my lawyer.

well that's you own fault! you seem fine with letting them get away with it and then getting all angered up about it. anyone that violates my Constitutional rights, guess what? i'm not about to let it drop. i'll keep hounding until something is done. you raise a stink about it. you file lawsuits if you have to. if your case is above board and rightious, there is at least one lawyer in this country that will take the case. and with enough pressure from the general public, it really doesn't matter what the DA wnats or doesn't want to do, because he's an elected official and can be voted out the next election if he's not doing his job properly and legally.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 AM   #100

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 86

You think I sit idle? Who do you think "the pressure" comes from? People like me.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Closed Thread