Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/police-anti-gun-states-same-limits-citizens-87125/)

CHLChris 03-22-2013 12:20 AM

Police in anti-gun states...Same limits as citizens?

Many gun companies are announcing new policies to limit sales to law-enforcement agencies in anti-gun states to only the items that the regular citizens in that state are allowed to own.

Position 1: Law enforcement officers have a very difficult and demanding job that can be very unsafe. They should be able to have access to any and every firearm product they need. Police should be exempt.

Position 2: Law enforcement is an arm of the state and should never be allowed to be more powerful than the general public. They should only have access to the same firepower that the citizenry has access to. Police should have the same limits.

ShagNasty1001 03-22-2013 12:35 AM

Position 2. They should not be exempt. We the citizens need to be just as armed as our government. If a state feels like they need to limit magazine capacities for "the greater good" then by golly, so should the police for the same reason. What if a cop goes rogue? Then they have an advantage over a citizen who only has 7 rounds

opaww 03-22-2013 12:42 AM

#2 they are no more danger then you and I are

MisterMcCool 03-22-2013 12:49 AM

#2 COP stands for citizen on patrol

FullautoUSA 03-22-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by opaww
#2 they are no more danger then you and I are

I agree, in fact they are in less danger, they ain't the ones who have to face the home invader, they only have to report what happens

Axxe55 03-22-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 (Post 1185484)
Position 2. They should not be exempt. We the citizens need to be just as armed as our government. If a state feels like they need to limit magazine capacities for "the greater good" then by golly, so should the police for the same reason. What if a cop goes rogue? Then they have an advantage over a citizen who only has 7 rounds

seems like one did go rogue in California, just a short while back. LEO's are not any different than anyone else. they can have the same mental illness' as the rest of us. they will bleed the same blood as we do when shot. everyone deserves the same consideration.

if the citizens are limited to certain restrictions in a state, then so should LE in that state.

nitestalker 03-22-2013 01:25 AM

You just have to laugh at the Left Wing New York Officials. These decedents of the Witch Burners and their new gun laws? It seems these recipients of weak DNA are already changing their new guns are evil laws.
They have discovered there are no 7 shot magazine. So, they will now allow 10 shot magazines. However it will be illegal to load more than 7 rounds in the 10 shot Mags.
New York will now be faced with a new challenge. New York must now find civil service employees that can count to 7 .:eek:

tomgodd 03-22-2013 01:32 AM

I like position 2. What make them better than us?

tCan 03-22-2013 01:39 AM

Position 3: Police are an unwanted and brutish gang that need to be defunded immediately to protect the people from unwonten violence..

FullautoUSA 03-22-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tCan
Position 3: Police are an unwanted and brutish gang that need to be defunded immediately to protect the people from unwonten violence..

Not 100% unwanted, I believe the sheriff's department is some what necessary