Plan B for new gun control? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Plan B for new gun control?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Sorry, mine are worth more than that. So..I don't care to participate in their festivities.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #22
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooksta View Post
I personally don't think any significant new gun control legislation will pass at the federal level, but judging by the panic buying I'm in a minority.

I curious whether anyone has considered a legislative "Plan B" in case something like a federal AW/hi-cap ban appears likely to pass? Like all legislation it's not uncommon for opponents (which in this case would be pro-RKBA legislators) to tack on amendments that soften the blow or "give something in return" to the constituency being adversely targeted by the main law.

So if you were a pro-RKBA legislator, and you saw that it was likely a new AW or hi-cap ban was going to be passed into law, what would you try to tack onto the bill (considering the current national politics)?

Some of my ideas:
  1. Remove suppressors and/or SBRs for Title II
  2. National RTC reciprocity
  3. National pre-emption of stricter state/local controls
I asked a similar question last week. And got very similar responses. It's one of those: " you can't give an inch for them wanting to take a mile" things. And it is a well known and understandable thought that you can't mess with the 2nd amendment in the 1st place. I live in NJ and have been living with an AWB for as long as I can remember, so in my mind it could be a bargaining chip. but you can't think singularly. These types of situations can't polarize us they need to bring about solidarity. We need to work with our legislators and make them aware that they work for US, and we won't stand for any further changes made to hinder our RKBA...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 12-27-2012, 12:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
I asked a similar question last week. And got very similar responses. It's one of those: " you can't give an inch for them wanting to take a mile" things. And it is a well known and understandable thought that you can't mess with the 2nd amendment in the 1st place. I live in NJ and have been living with an AWB for as long as I can remember, so in my mind it could be a bargaining chip. but you can't think singularly. These types of situations can't polarize us they need to bring about solidarity. We need to work with our legislators and make them aware that they work for US, and we won't stand for any further changes made to hinder our RKBA...
Of course -- that's "Plan A." I'm talking about a situation where an AWB (or something like it) is clearly going to pass the legislature and the President has indicated he'll sign it. In other words, Plan A failed, and the government is (once again) about to take away more of our natural and Constitutional rights. In this case, given the way the federal government currently works, you can either:
  1. Do nothing.
  2. Sanctimoniously do nothing.
  3. Threaten to do something in the future.
  4. Try to tack on a rider or amendment that exacts a concession for the rights being taken.

I'm curious about #4. #3 might also be interesting, but answers like "revolution" or "hang all the traitors" or "well they lost my vote" aren't. All the "we've got to stick together" and "can't give an inch" responses needn't be repeated, and in this scenario would fall under Plan A or #2 above.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #24
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6324 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6805

Still think the entire thing is more about distracting us from the Fecal Cliff than anything else. As tragic as the shooting was, Americans dying needlessly at the hands of nutcases isnt a new thing. They herald the killing of Osama Bin Bleedin as our retaliation for he and his freaks killing thousands but then choose to attack over half of the US to prevent tragedies of like kind FOOG! What is new is a Government running our nation willing to let automatic tax increases wipe out whats left of the Middle Class! Thats not even counting the new taxes on Health Coverage that are trickling down on us like pine tar!

Pro-Anti Gun chatter is the perfect distraction, allows both parties to change our focus away from their failures to fix the economy! The only way they can truly change the BOR's is by temporary decree or a Constitutional Convention. Decree is easy, Im sure some form of that will happen soon. The Convention wont likely happen; once that CC ball gets rolling, it would be all hands on deck, everyone forced to take a final stand, flipping and flopping, sweetening the pot and bill loading are no longer actionable tools, the outcome would be devastating to the ruling party if they were Anti 2A.

We are lemmings of the highest order, a special breed, likely a result of a psych experiment that went bad in the 60's. Were more worried about them taking away one right than all of them!

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 12-27-2012 at 08:57 AM.