Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Plan B for new gun control?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8413 Times on 3646 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Always detested that term- you cannot "Buy back" what you never owned.

It is estimated the civilian population of the US owns ABOUT 270 million firearms (that was before a week ago- numbers have gone up!)

So a buyback that offered a rock bottom $250 per gun would cost- if I am counting zeroes correctly- $67.5 BILLION dollars. A more realistic amount ($500 per gun) would bounce that to $135 BILLION dollars.

Crap like this is dreamt up by idiots that have no concept just how widespread gun ownership is in the US.

This has about as much chance as running thru a forest fire wearing gasoline underwear.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin
4. Violations of the constitution will hereby be dealt with as treasonous to the intent of the founding fathers and the intent of our nation. Treason is a crime punishable by hanging.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #13

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbooksta
So your idea is to threaten to hang any legislator or president who passes any law that violates that 2nd amendment? Did you try that in 1986 or 1994? If so how did that work out?
Yeah, you got me there... But I was 6 and 14 then......

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I think the suppressor is a good thing. I mean it will be safer for us to shoot and not have a big chance of damaging our hearing. It's a health thing!

Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5304 Times on 2770 Posts
Likes Given: 334

tack on things like removal of the nfa altogether legalizing full autos, tack on disarmament of all federal agents, tack on disbanding the secret service, tack on repeal of obama care, tack on disbanding the epa, tack on opening anwar for drilling, tack on drilling off california coast, tack on turning all federal land to private citizens for free, tack on repeal of the 16th ammendment, tack on repeal of social security, tack on repeal of medicare, tack on national right to work. i could go on a long time but i think you get the idea

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
What we need is a good, ol' fashion Revolution to get our government back on track.
That's exactly why they want to take all your guns away, so there is no revolution.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 474

We are doing exactly what the gun snatchers want us to do. We are driving up demand. The way that things are going we are going to price ourselves out of the gun business.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

^ Yes but the fact that there's still a demand for guns is actually a good sign.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #19

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

It is estimated the civilian population of the US owns ABOUT 270 million firearms (that was before a week ago- numbers have gone up!)

So a buyback that offered a rock bottom $250 per gun would cost- if I am counting zeroes correctly- $67.5 BILLION dollars. A more realistic amount ($500 per gun) would bounce that to $135 BILLION dollars.

Crap like this is dreamt up by idiots that have no concept just how widespread gun ownership is in the US.

This has about as much chance as running thru a forest fire wearing gasoline underwear.
That's what I keep thinking about. How much a buy back is going to cost us. Also I believe a combination of things are going to follow:

Most of us are not going to turn our guns in. Even if they were offering fair market value.

The government will come up with the bright idea of selling the guns to other countries to relieve cost to the country. Meaning they will make money on the deal and they will end up in the hands of our nations criminals somehow eventually.

When they start coming to take our guns by force, they are going to have bigger problems then a kid on a spree.

Or after initial passing of the order it is retracted due to mass riots.

There is no way at this time in America will a retroactive ban work or be a good choice financially or in any other aspect.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5181 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 4396

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

The usual buy back is $50.

Golda Meier.