Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   pistol permit? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/pistol-permit-57402/)

Ray_Ray 02-10-2012 02:58 AM

pistol permit?

What did you put as your reason for wanting a pistol permit on the application?

silverado113 02-10-2012 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray_Ray (Post 704367)
What did you put as your reason for wanting a pistol permit on the application?

Don't think I had that question but I would put self defense.

vincent 02-10-2012 03:03 AM

Eventual world domination...:D Didnt have that question on ours...I'd put self defense too...I'd steer clear of the "It's my right" response...

Gatoragn 02-10-2012 11:04 AM

That question was not asked on either of the permits I have, FL & WI.

Only took a week to get my WI permit. :D

Thanks Gov. Scott Walker. :cool:

Ray_Ray 02-10-2012 11:42 AM

Here in Alabama the very first line it ask (explain in detail why you are applying for this permit.) I put to protect and defend my family and property. I started to add per the 2nd amendment it is my right, but I didn't.

silverado113 02-10-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray_Ray (Post 704595)
Here in Alabama the very first line it ask (explain in detail why you are applying for this permit.) I put to protect and defend my family and property. I started to add per the 2nd amendment it is my right, but I didn't.

I would be careful with the property part of your explanation. I don't know the Alabama deadly force laws but a lot of states don't allow deadly force to protect property. I would check into that before you put it on your permit.

chewchew 02-10-2012 12:48 PM

When I got my class 3 permits for my M2 and ak47 and FN, they didn't ask why I wanted them, but when I got my silencer for my FN tac 45, the Sheriff called me and ask why I wanted it. I told him for shooting wild dogs and coyotoes in the field without the nosey old woman who has the field next to me calling in and claiming I'm shooting at her dogs.
Georgia senate just passed a law where you can legally hunt with a silencer. I paid $1200.00 for the one for my FN. If everything goes alright, I"m, having one made for my 308 Mauser.

Paladin201 02-10-2012 12:49 PM

When Missouri revamped its gun laws back in 2007, one of the things they threw in the trash was the requirement to get a permit just to buy a gun. But when we had it, I always just put "Sporting use" on my applications.

Ray_Ray 02-10-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113

I would be careful with the property part of your explanation. I don't know the Alabama deadly force laws but a lot of states don't allow deadly force to protect property. I would check into that before you put it on your permit.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Governor Riley signed legislation today that puts Alabama among a growing number of states giving new lega protection to people who kill intruders in their homes, businesses and vehicles The new law deletes language from state law that says a person should not use deadly force during a break-in if he or she can"avoid using force with complete safety." The new law was pushed by the National Rifle Association. It follows the passage of similar laws in Florida, Indiana, South Dakota and laws in Florida, Indiana, South Dakota and Mississippi. NRA lobbyist Chris Cox says the pendulum had been swinging toward criminals for too long and now it's swinging back toward crime victims. criminals for too long and now it's swinging back toward crime victims back toward crime victims. This must have been a few years ago, because Riley is not the governor. So it looks like I should be on. And I live in a progun county. But we will see as I have already turned it in.

vincent 02-10-2012 02:13 PM

+1 to you Ray for doing your homework!!! Is Alabama still a "may issue" state?