Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Pig Farm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1978 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 2950

i personally think that there could be an accomodation reached that would benefit both partys. They could build an annex to the Islamic center and sell pork sausage, ribs and chops.

When i lived in WV in the early 80s a retiree from one of the northeast states bought a big old local faarm and proceeded to build about a $350,000 house. One day the gas company pipline man came by and informed the guy that his house was on the pipeline right-of-way: Right on top of the pipe. The pipeline lawyers came out and found their right-of-way signs in the debris piles on that property. The landowner lost the lawsuit: End of story.

That house is still there-decaying.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
i personally think that there could be an accomodation reached that would benefit both partys. They could build an annex to the Islamic center and sell pork sausage, ribs and chops.

When i lived in WV in the early 80s a retiree from one of the northeast states bought a big old local faarm and proceeded to build about a $350,000 house. One day the gas company pipline man came by and informed the guy that his house was on the pipeline right-of-way: Right on top of the pipe. The pipeline lawyers came out and found their right-of-way signs in the debris piles on that property. The landowner lost the lawsuit: End of story.

That house is still there-decaying.
Yeah I used to work for pipelines, there's rules for safety of course don't know about y'all but I dont want my house sitting on top of natural gas pipeline that could be upwards of 48" diameter, I've seen a well head go, and when it did it melted 3 trucks and 2 bulldozers to slag.

There's exceptions to building on/near them. Like no residential buildings and it has to be portable. Something like one of those prefab tool sheds.