Piers Morgan won't talk about this
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Piers Morgan won't talk about this

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default Piers Morgan won't talk about this

England has had draconian gun control laws for years, including an outright ban on handguns. This was supposed to stop gun crime. The truth is somewhat different.

Map of shootings in Liverpool:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/guns-off-our-streets/

In addition to still having an issue with crimes using guns, Britain has reaped an ever-increasing violent crime rate using such other weapons as knives because criminals can now count on the law-abiding citizens being unarmed.

He won't talk about any of this, either:

One of the key measures of a society's health is how easily you can insulate yourself from its underclass. In America, unless one resides in a very small number of problematic inner-city quarters or wishes to make a career in the drug trade, one will live a life blessedly untouched by crime. In Britain, alas, it's the peculiar genius of Home Office policy to have turned the entire country into one big, rundown, inner-city, no-go slum estate, extending from prosperous suburbs to leafy villages, even unto Upper Cheyne Row.

The murderers of John Monckton understood the logic of this policy better than the lethargic overpaid British constabulary. An Englishman's home is not his castle, but his dungeon and ever more so - window bars, window locks, dead bolts, laser security, and no doubt biometricrecognition garage doors, once the Blunkett national ID card goes into circulation.

All this high-tech protection, urged on the householder by Pc Plod, may make your home more secure, but it makes you less so. From the burglar's point of view, the more advanced and impregnable the alarm systems become, the more it makes sense just to knock on the door and stab whoever answers.

Various reassuring types, from police spokesmen to the Economist, described the stabbing of the Moncktons as a "burglary gone wrong". If only more burglaries could go right, they imply, this sort of thing wouldn't happen.

But the trouble is that this kind of burglary - the kind most likely to go "wrong" - is now the norm in Britain. In America, it's called a "hot" burglary - a burglary that takes place when the homeowners are present - or a "home invasion", which is a much more accurate term. Just over 10 per cent of US burglaries are "hot" burglaries, and in my part of the world it's statistically insignificant: there is virtually zero chance of a New Hampshire home being broken into while the family are present. But in England and Wales it's more than 50 per cent and climbing..............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3613417/An-Englishmans-home-is-his-dungeon.html

A situation like that can only appeal to the profoundly stupid - I mean the kind of stupid that takes years to develop. Naturally stupid people would not fall for it.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 03-30-2013 at 04:13 PM.
gunsmoke11 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #2

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Good post Rocky. I've heard how violent crime against homeowners at home in the UK is way up. How can this happen? Strict gun laws make me feel safe and I live in a gun free zone. What a bunch of sheep.

Do these libratards really think violent crime is a result of a technological advance...the firearm? According to their logic we lived in peace and harmony until the 1300's.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #3

Liked 500 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Piers Morgan is a moron that I just can't stand to watch, though the other night while changing channels I locked on to his show for a couple of minutes, cause he was attempting to put down a female guest who was pro gun. She gave it back to him when he began ranting about AW's. She told him that even a spoon can be an AW. Of course he couldn't get it.

Shortly after a smart azz viewer of the show text him a message sarcastically asking the question where someone can buy an assault spoon. Morgan loved asking that question to his guest. The question wasn't answered, but my answer would've been that there are plenty of them being used in our nation's prisons. They generally are known as shivs and possessing them is not restricted to those behind prison walls. As a matter of fact, even a caveman can sharpen a spoon.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #4

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

The guy is a moron and I understand that his ratings suck. I guess he is still on the air only due to his rabid anti-gun stance.