Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Phoenix Teen shoots armed intruder.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I don't know how you got cavalier out of what I said. I said I wouldn't throw a party but I wouldn't waste time crying about it either. I know damn well the scumbag wouldn't waste his time crying over my death if he killed me.
Of course he wouldn't, it's part of what makes him a bad person. I wouldn't waste time crying about it either. But I would bet you money it would weigh heavy on my mind for some time.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #22

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
He'll have something for school when the teacher asks " what did you do last summer?".
Knowing our communist school system, he will get expelled for life.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #23

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

This Kid could of been my son, now where is the doj calling for a full investigation of the perpetrator of the crime.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5666 Times on 2805 Posts
Likes Given: 6027

His actions were perfect! I would be so proud of him! His praise is for the outcome and his quick thinking. Sure there will be reflection that is gruesome and sad, nobody likes to think this is a necessary thing to teach a kid but the ends justify the means 100 times over.

The adult that taught him these skills should be commended as well, it may have saved the lives of 4 and anyone else the scumbag POS may have tried to rob armed with a firearm.

A child should be taught to respect firearms, handle and shoot them well and understand the purposes they were created for. This young man obviously was and learned well! The longest lasting effects of this incident will be positive for the most part, one less piece of trash floating around, friends and neighbors empowered by this triumph and he gets to live as do his siblings, sounds like a perfect bedtime story for the Grand-kids!

Old 06-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #25

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
"As ugly as this is, and as much as this family is going through, we don't have injured children on our hands," he said.
AND one less bad guy with a gun OFF the streets.......

Old 06-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1616 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

>Soon after, the teen heard a bang on the door, rushed his siblings upstairs and got a handgun from his parent's bedroom. When he got to the top of the stairs, he saw a man breaking through the front door and point a gun at him.<

Fourteen year old kid, younger children in the house, ready access to a gun, I’m guessing he shot intruder from the top of the stairs (15', handgun!?) OR was competent to get into a better position. Story didn’t state how many rounds were fired or what caliber.

This child was properly trained. If it was just one round, certainly he was.

Otherwise it implies an unsecured gun in a house with small children.

Glad he was able to defend his home & family . Sorry he had to defend his home & family .

Good on him, good on his parents.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #27

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

I'm impressed that the media totally supported the boys actions. You don't see that much anymore.
Awesome kid.

Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #28
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
>Soon after, the teen heard a bang on the door, rushed his siblings upstairs and got a handgun from his parent's bedroom. When he got to the top of the stairs, he saw a man breaking through the front door and point a gun at him.<

Fourteen year old kid, younger children in the house, ready access to a gun, I’m guessing he shot intruder from the top of the stairs (15', handgun!?) OR was competent to get into a better position. Story didn’t state how many rounds were fired or what caliber.

This child was properly trained. If it was just one round, certainly he was.

Otherwise it implies an unsecured gun in a house with small children.

Glad he was able to defend his home & family . Sorry he had to defend his home & family .

Good on him, good on his parents.
You type this as if its a bad thing. IF the guns had been secured and the children NOT trained, we would be discussing a tragedy and the antis would have more fuel for their "Guns are evil" and "Evil guns killed these innocent children" flames.

Instead you wont hear a PEEP outta the Brady bunch. Hell, i am surprised it made the lame stream news at all!

Secure your guns with training, not locks! Keep you guns out of the hands of slime balls with a safe, not out of the hands of your family.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #29
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1616 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 1305

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
You type this as if its a bad thing. . .
Well that wasn’t intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
. . Secure your guns with training, not locks! Keep you guns out of the hands of slime balls with a safe, not out of the hands of your family.
I agree. I was just surmising from his actions that:
1) he knew how to handle a gun and;
2) he was trusted to get to it.
Which didn’t happen all by itself but with foresight by his parents.

As contrasted to out to lunch ‘grown-ups’, who leave kids in a house, with an easily available gun, who would want to play with it.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #30

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon

Well, duh. But the point is that you shouldn't feel good about shooting someone. I would be glad I'm alive but it would bother me that I shot someone, especially if they died.
I would feel something if i had to shoot and kill an attacker/intruder, but it wouldnt be good but it wouldnt be terrible. Sure, i would feel that it sucks that i had end someones existance, but that person just tried to hurt you and your family,i will not feel bad for that person. By stopping an attacker you are also preventing future victims, that is a justice in itself that you shouldnt feel bad about your actions. I am not heartless when it comes to people but a person that preys on innocent people is not human in my eyes and i dont see them as such. Im glad that the only casulty was the bad guy.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 06-24-2012 at 06:10 PM.