Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Phoenix Teen shoots armed intruder.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
He feels like he's still alive.
Well, duh. But the point is that you shouldn't feel good about shooting someone. I would be glad I'm alive but it would bother me that I shot someone, especially if they died.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:20 AM   #12

Liked 629 Times on 408 Posts
Likes Given: 207

He'll have something for school when the teacher asks " what did you do last summer?".

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

People Like This 
Old 06-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #13

Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Why should it bother you to protect your family? I wouldn't throw a party if I had to shoot some scum bag but I wouldn't feel bad about it either. The scum bag is the one responsible for getting himself shot. The only time you should beat yourself up over shooting someone is if it wasn't a righteous shooting. Feeling sorry about shooting a turd is just a waste of time.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:52 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4470 Times on 2358 Posts
Likes Given: 255

For the folks involved defending themselves it can be a traumatic thing. But there is nothing wrong with everyone else celebrating a good outcome and the end of an evil person.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #15
Do what you want and not what others want you to do!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 54

You have to think of how the kid is going to react over the traumatic event he just endured! Hopefully he will be able to cope with it and he did do a great job on defending his home and family. I love when people comment on something that doesn't even belong in this thread.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Have you noticed? The Feminizing of the American male child is an epidemic. The Male child is a Bully without direction or feeling. The very idea that a reminate of the male defensive nature regarding his tribe is just terrible. The Liberals see this as a failure in their drive to turn boys into Little ????.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2228 Times on 1448 Posts

We all know how mean kids in school can be. I can see a lot of him being made fun of, especially by the kids of antis

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #18
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16868 Times on 9775 Posts
Likes Given: 43992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Good for him for taking his life and his family's lives into his hands. I do feel terrible for him though. I can only imagine how he feels.
Quote:
He feels like he's still alive.
better to be alive to feel badly about killing some scumbag in defence of your life!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #19

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Why should it bother you to protect your family? I wouldn't throw a party if I had to shoot some scum bag but I wouldn't feel bad about it either. The scum bag is the one responsible for getting himself shot. The only time you should beat yourself up over shooting someone is if it wasn't a righteous shooting. Feeling sorry about shooting a turd is just a waste of time.
It shouldn't bother you to protect your family. However, have you ever shot someone? I doubt you would have such a cavalier attitude about it. Especially if you killed them. Regardless of the situation, I would be a bit disturbed if I were so callous about shooting anyone.

I'm not saying it should impact you to the point where you can't function and need therapy. I think that goes into what Durangokid is talking about. I just don't think it's normal to be overjoyed about shooting someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
better to be alive to feel badly about killing some scumbag in defence of your life!
No doubt!

Old 06-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #20

Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
It shouldn't bother you to protect your family. However, have you ever shot someone? I doubt you would have such a cavalier attitude about it. Especially if you killed them. Regardless of the situation, I would be a bit disturbed if I were so callous about shooting anyone.

I'm not saying it should impact you to the point where you can't function and need therapy. I think that goes into what Durangokid is talking about. I just don't think it's normal to be overjoyed about shooting someone.

No doubt!
I don't know how you got cavalier out of what I said. I said I wouldn't throw a party but I wouldn't waste time crying about it either. I know damn well the scumbag wouldn't waste his time crying over my death if he killed me.