Philadelphia Police won't obey the law - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Philadelphia Police won't obey the law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #71
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2772 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 242

So, to make a point you open carry a rifle that is intended to garner an emotional response.

I wonder how many people called 911 about this situation? So you get 30 911 calls reporting a man carrying a machine gun down the street. An officer gets dispatched and has to deal with you and your "just making a point".

In Texas, we do not have open carry, yet. We do however, have a law that permits women to go topless in public. Imagine a mmorbidly obese female walking down the street with nothing but a pink thong and flip flops. Perfectly legal, but I imagine a couple folks would call 911.

Would this be a huge issue on the internet? She has the RIGHT to flapo them in the breeze. Her rights are violated by the cops harassing her. OMG! Where's the outcry for this poor woman?

I have seen people get stopped and hassled for having a rifle in the old "EZ Rider rifle rack" in the back window of their truck. Officer wrong and stupid.

But to go out lookiing for this kind of trouble is really ignorant.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2562 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 2457

Seems to me if I remember history right a bunch of guys threw some tea into the harbor to make a point. If it wasn't for "trouble makers" making a point I doubt we would have any freedoms at all.

Not arguing, just offering another way to look at things.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #73

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Wait, topless in Texas?

Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #74

I could imagine the same thing happening here in Detroit. All politicians from top to bottom in this city are anti-gun. In Pennsylvania you need a permit to open carry. Here in Michigan, you can open carry with or without a permit. However, it's what I call a technical law. Yeah, you can do it on paper, but in real life, thats a different story.

If you walked down a major street in Detroit open carrying, the police would treat the situation like a felony take down. For one, alot of cops believe you need a CPL to carry at all. But thats only true for concealed carry. Two, alot of the police wouldn't like the site of it and even if they knew open carry w/o a permit was legal, they would think you were just being a smart ass trying to get around having a permit.

The point of this whole situation is that police can't just enforce laws they like or have a preference for, and ignore and disregard one's they don't like. Police can't make their own personal opinions law.

As alot of you know, Im very outspoken against needing any permit at all to carry concealed or openly. I can't wait for the day that every state is a constitutional carry state.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:27 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Wait, topless in Texas?
Hippie Hollow Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IIRC, they had a tour boat capsize due to alleged ogling a few years ago.

There could be some seriously gross situations there if open carry becomes the norm. Just ewwww, how big of a handgun can you hide under a 60 year old DD!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 06-13-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #76
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2772 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Wait, topless in Texas?
Yup. Indecent exposure is defined as the exposure of ones genitals or anus. Breasteses are not a part of the law. It would certainly raise some eyebrows, but not illegal.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
It would certainly raise some eyebrows, but not illegal.
Depends on the height of the chick, and the effects of gravity.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.