Petition Self Defense For New York State Residents
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Petition Self Defense For New York State Residents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Petition Self Defense For New York State Residents

Please assist me with gathering signatures of like minded residents of New York State. These signatures will be presented to the New York State Senate & Assembly in support of Bill S1427 Amending the New York State Constitution to include The Right To Keep & Bear Arms. Thank you.

In New York State, the police have no duty to provide police protection to any particular individual. The Courts in New York have held that "generally, a municipality may not be held liable for the failure to provide police protection because the duty to provide such protection is owed to the public at large, rather than to any particular individual" (Conde v. City of New York, 24 AD3d 595, 596 [2005]; see Cuffy v. City of New York, 69 NY2d 255, 260 [1987]).

Petition: http://cavalierknight.com/documents.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Is part of the amendment's objective to turn New York into a shall-issue state?

Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #3

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

Yea..please explain what this bill is trying to accomplish..or link to where I can read it? Im on my phone...

Also, I clicked the link and coukdnt find the area to sign the petition

Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6576

Im an Upstate New Yorker and I would support this, anything to prevent the slipping away of our 2nd sense! Im weary of signing these things only to get a hundred requests everyday for money. Does that site do that? If so, I dont want to give anyone more access to my personal data.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My apology for my late responses. The site will randomly send you links to other Petitions.

Bill S1427 PURPOSE: This proposed constitutional amendment would provide within the New York State Constitution for a right of the people to keep and bear arms for traditionally recognized purposes

Bill S1863 PURPOSE: This legislation would remove a gun licensing officer's ability to deny or restrict the issuance of licenses to law abiding citizens who have successfully undergone the state's strict application process and appropriate New York State and Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint background check required under law. In addition, this bill will conform New York State law to current ATF requirements regarding background checks for firearms transfers.