Petition to Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Petition to Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I ask again, aren't there laws against sedition? I'm pretty sure there are...

Old 12-29-2012, 01:18 AM   #72

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I ask again, aren't there laws against sedition? I'm pretty sure there are...
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #73
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

LMAO! I think he has a right to say what he says, but damn that was funny.
I agree with you about his right to say nonsensical fecal matter but it is nice to lighten up the conversation

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #74
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Has anyone noticed that the smiley face is squinting? Look

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #75

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
I would prefer stapling his mouth shut.
...or hire some Guido to lead him around everywhere with a platter of Cannoles!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #76
I used to play keyboards, but now...

Liked 2052 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
So, it's ok for someone who has never contributed a single thing to this country to come here and try and change it? He doesn't have to live with the changes. He can just skip back over to his home in jolly ol England when he's done messing up this country. If he had his way, America would be like every other European country. We would loose several of OUR rights.

Will that petition get him deported? No, I doubt anyone seriously thinks it will. Will it let him know we don't like him. Yes it will.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have the right to voice his opinion. Every country should allow it's people to have that right. I'm just saying he shouldn't have the right to come to a country that's not his, and try to change it to what HE thinks it should be.
It's ok for someone who has never contributed a single thing to this country to come here and express his opinion. That's what freedom is about.

His ability to change our country is limited to his ability to persuade US voters to cooperate with his position. His ability is aided by emotional outbursts from the pro-gun community, by rants that boil down to "2A is my way, my way or the highway!" The media loves to allow anti-gun speakers to use examples of such rants as "proof" that pro-gun people are crazy and should not be trusted with guns. They don't say it that openly, but they are skilled manipulators that are well able to get that message across.

Let's stop giving them the ammunition they want. Let's start feeding them valid positive reasons why LACs with guns are a net benefit to society, or valid statistics showing LACs with guns cause fewer deaths than any number of other preventable causes of death.

By the way, my quote from the Declaration of Independence was provided to give some context to the nature of the rights we hold so dear. The Founders considered Liberty (freedom) to be a God-given right, not one conferred by the government. IMHO, nothing in the Constitution limits the First Amendment to citizens only.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Why should be so afraid of the spoken word, when you are certain that the speaker is an idiot?

Are the rest of the Americans not smart enough to come to the same conclusion, or are we so simple as to be led down the primrose path by an idiotic foreigner? Do we really need to violate our own principals to protect ourselves? I don't think so.

Sign the petitions, it will say more about you than about Piers Morgan.
Quote:
The answer to your first question is because the answer to your second question is yes.
So, what I think I am reading is that (a) you think Americans are stupid, (b) you are afraid of the spoken word, and (c) your solution is to tell Piers Morgan to shut up or get out. I've always had a higher opinion of you than that, Trip.

This country was founded by men who embraced open debate, who welcomed differing opinions. Perhaps the downturn in the condition of America is related to our inability to conduct an open debate. The media certainly plays a role in that process, by censoring pro-gun commentary as much as possible. The pro-gun community also plays a role when we resort to ranting and calling for the other side to shut up or get out.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
The following is far too short to be the entire code relating to sedition, but it does provide a clear definition of the term. (This is the text related to that link.)

"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both. "

Sedition is a violent act, "by force". I don't think it applies to spoken words.

Balota

Old 12-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
So, what I think I am reading is that (a) you think Americans are stupid, (b) you are afraid of the spoken word, and (c) your solution is to tell Piers Morgan to shut up or get out. I've always had a higher opinion of you than that, Trip.
I think that Piers Morgan's targeted audience are generally stupid, and the most vocal of us all, as the loud, screaming, foaming at the mouth liberal agendists. I do not think that it's even LEGAL for him to come into our country and bad mouth our laws, customs, and ways of life AS A FOREIGNER, in public, and to a mass audience. I'm still researching these laws myself before making a concrete accusation of illegal activity.

I am not afraid of the spoken word. I am completely and totally terrified of lies and deceit making me into a criminal, just as a man standing trial for murder is when he knows he's been falsely accused. Even doubly so when the person making the false accusations has either no legitimate nor personal interest in either my well being, the well being of the victims, nor the results of their accusations. Stirring up ****, for the sake of stirring up ****.

Piers Morgan is a troll of epic scale. His actions are seditious, and possibly highly illegal. His undue influence, as not being a citizen, and possibly trampling on the rights of rightful citizens, means that he needs to go - either back to where he came from, or possibly to prison.

It's almost the same principle as filing a false police report. Almost. He has no right, nor personal, political, or religious interest in attacking our rights, laws, constitution, nor way of life.

How about I come up in your house and tell you that you need to do as I say? Did you tell Winds how she needs to behave in her house when you went to visit her? Do you think Cinder will be telling me how to run my house when she shows up here this afternoon? Didn't think so.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
The following is far too short to be the entire code relating to sedition, but it does provide a clear definition of the term. (This is the text related to that link.)

"If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both. "

Sedition is a violent act, "by force". I don't think it applies to spoken words.

There are at least 4 different parts to the "Aliens and Seditions" acts that I've found so far, along with amendments, changes, and precedents that have been set.

Your not even getting a good fraction of the information with that single passage.