Petition to Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Petition to Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1564 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Actually, the Constitution does not say anything about non citizens. The argument could easily be made that it only applies to citizens.

We the People are the citizens of the United States of America.

I wouldn't have a problem with him expressing his opinions (I'd still think he was an idiot though) if he was a CITIZEN.

It's simple. If you want anything to do with this country, become a citizen.
By your reasoning, if a non-citzen, living in this country commits murder, then they should not be subject to prosecution. You can "argue" anything you wish, that doesn't mean you are correct.

The law of the land, does not accept "cherry picking" based on preceived political correctness of the moment. The Constitution is a kind of package deal, you either accept the package or reject it.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Last edited by Chainfire; 12-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Balota Likes This 
Old 12-28-2012, 05:02 PM   #52
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2055 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 2242

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men (not all Americans) are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..." Liberty and freedom are synonymous in the original documents. These truths, in addition to a long list of grievances about the British king, are why we became a nation.

Several of the amendments to the Constitution begin with "The right of the citizens of the United States..." However, the First Amendment does not refer to "citizens of the United States" when covering freedom of speech. First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

IMHO, "freedom of speech" falls under the Liberty umbrella, which makes it a God-given right and not one handed out to American citizens only. The same (First) amendment gives Piers Morgan the right to speak and to publish, and it gives us the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It seems unlikely that a petition to deny Piers Morgan the God-given freedom of speech would succeed.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Last edited by Balota; 12-28-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
By your reasoning, if a non-citzen, living in this country commits murder, then they should not be subject to prosecution. You can "argue" anything you wish, that doesn't mean you are correct.

The law of the land, does not accept "cherry picking" based on preceived political correctness of the moment. The Constitution is a kind of package deal, you either accept the package or reject it.
There is a difference between laws and rights. If you murder someone, you will go to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men (not all Americans) are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..." Liberty and freedom are synonymous in the original documents. These truths, in addition to a long list of grievances about the British king, are why we became a nation.

That is from the Declaration of Independence. Not the Constitution.

Several of the amendments to the Constitution begin with "The right of the citizens of the United States..." However, the First Amendment does not refer to "citizens of the United States" when covering freedom of speech. First Amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Who are the people? Since the founders referred to the citizens of this nation as the people, I take it that's what the meant there

IMHO, "freedom of speech" falls under the Liberty umbrella, which makes it a God-given right and not one handed out to American citizens only. The same (First) amendment gives Piers Morgan the right to speak and to publish, and it gives us the right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It seems unlikely that a petition to deny Piers Morgan the God-given freedom of speech would succeed.
So, it's ok for someone who has never contributed a single thing to this country to come here and try and change it? He doesn't have to live with the changes. He can just skip back over to his home in jolly ol England when he's done messing up this country. If he had his way, America would be like every other European country. We would loose several of OUR rights.

Will that petition get him deported? No, I doubt anyone seriously thinks it will. Will it let him know we don't like him. Yes it will.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have the right to voice his opinion. Every country should allow it's people to have that right. I'm just saying he shouldn't have the right to come to a country that's not his, and try to change it to what HE thinks it should be.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 12-28-2012 at 10:20 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #54

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

It's still there, 88,000 https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions/popular/0/2/0/

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #55

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Pretty sure Pierce's viewership is less than 150,000 per night. The value of this petition is in getting his advertisers attention. If we can show more in favor of his deportation than he turns in with ratings...we can probably get him pulled off the Air...

It's all about the dollars folks.

Tack

Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #56
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Is there one for Michael Moore?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #57

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Is there one for Michael Moore?
He's not so much "on the air" as he is a "bag of air"...and we can't really boycott his peeps because all they sell is Bull****...and actually, the dispense it for free...

...so where does that leave us?

Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #58

Liked 1564 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
There is a difference between laws and rights. If you murder someone, you will go to jail.

So, it's ok for someone who has never contributed a single thing to this country to come here and try and change it? He doesn't have to live with the changes. He can just skip back over to his him in jolly ol England when he's done messing up this country. If he had his way, America would be like every other European country. We would loose several of OUR rights.

Will that petition get him deported? No, I doubt anyone seriously thinks it will. Will it let him know we don't like him. Yes it will.

I'm not saying he shouldn't have the right to voice his opinion. Every country should allow it's people to have that right. I'm just saying he shouldn't have the right to come to a country that's not his, and try to change it to what HE thinks it should be.
No, not only is it just ok, but you should be willing to fight to protect his right to free speech. If you allow his rights to be taken, yours just may be next.

I would like to do the same thing, I would love to see Limbaugh, who I consider a traitor, with 40 volts DC hooked to his testes, while blowing bubbles on the water board, explaining between breaths, who writes his scripts and finances his rants.....but no, I would fight for his right to be an idiot. That is the difference in emotion and logic.

No, Morgan, will not be deported, it is not even a question. (except in people who have no clue) The whole premise is "Unamerican."

I love people who spout constitutional language but believe that they can pick and choose which parts they like, and act accordingly. That is not democracy, that is the formula for anarchy and chaos.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
No, not only is it just ok, but you should be willing to fight to protect his right to free speech. If you allow his rights to be taken, yours just may be next.

I would like to do the same thing, I would love to see Limbaugh, who I consider a traitor, with 40 volts DC hooked to his testes, while blowing bubbles on the water board, explaining between breaths, who writes his scripts and finances his rants.....but no, I would fight for his right to be an idiot. That is the difference in emotion and logic.

No, Morgan, will not be deported, it is not even a question. (except in people who have no clue) The whole premise is "Unamerican."

I love people who spout constitutional language but believe that they can pick and choose which parts they like, and act accordingly. That is not democracy, that is the formula for anarchy and chaos.
As said before, the US (that's United States, not World) Constitution is worded in a way the CITIZEN'S rights are protected. It says nothing about non citizens.
He has every right to say what he wants about anything, in the UK. He doesn't contribute to this country, he doesn't claim this country as his own, he as unamerican as he can be, so he shouldn't have any say as to what goes on in this country.

Oh, and BTW, your last paragraph described the MAJORITY of Liberals perfectly. Stick that in you pipe and smoke it!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #60
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
So Rush Limbaugh can froth at the mouth and scream half-truths and pure lies, for hours every day, but we should deport someone with a contrary opinion. If you don't respect the first ammendment, what expectations do you have of your enemies respecting the second?

You should not expect that you can pick and choose the parts of the Constitution you agree with, but at the same time, expect others to accept the second ammendment without question.
is he an American citizen? IIRC he's a British subject which means the Constitution doesn't apply to him. now if he wants to apply for American citezenship and become an American, then i will gladly support what you are saying as you then would be exactly correct.

IMO, as a British citizen he doesn't have the right to sit in our country and criticise what American ideals are. he needs to go back to Britain where he belongs to do that or apply for citizenship here and then, and only then is he covered by the Constitution and the 1st admendment.