Petition to Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Petition to Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I want to see a link!!!! I'm putting that crap on Facebook!!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 411 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Quote:
I want to see a link!!!! I'm putting that crap on Facebook!!!!
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/keep-piers-morgan-usa/cbpHr9R2?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_mediu

Feel free to sign.

Last edited by manta; 12-31-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #103

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As an expat Brit I am kinda peed at this moron. Having the privilege of being able to own a gun is one of the reasons I came here. The knuckle heads in UK just don't get it the fact that gun related crime has gone up significantly since their stupid amnesty they had a few years ago. The USA needs boot Morgan out.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #104

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

No sir, I shall not sign.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #105

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
if your not a citizen the Bill of Right does NOT apply.
In other countries, like Mexico, there is JAILTIME for a foreigner trying to influnce their political process.

Signed.
I beg to differ the 4 amendment seems to apply to all the illegal aliens that are running around the U.S.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 AM   #106
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
if your not a citizen the Bill of Right does NOT apply.
In other countries, like Mexico, there is JAILTIME for a foreigner trying to influnce their political process.

Signed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by user123 View Post
I beg to differ the 4 amendment seems to apply to all the illegal aliens that are running around the U.S.
4A is about search and seizure. However, since they are innocent till proven guilty, a search warrant would still be required before entering their premises.

Although I may be in the minority here, I believe that the BoR applies to citizens and visitors alike, except where the wording explicitly refers to citizens. Amendments 15, 19, 24, and 26 contain such wording. 1A does not.

Of more interest is 14A: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive ANY PERSON (caps are mine) of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to ANY PERSON within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Notice that this amendment clearly distinguishes between a citizen and "any person". This amendment affords visitors (any person) the right to due process and to equal protection of the laws. Due process includes 4A, so searching the home of an (alleged) illegal alien would require a warrant. Also, one of those laws is 1A. That means Piers Morgan has the right to speak.

While we're looking at 14A, notice that this amendment clearly prevents any State from making any law that abridges the privileges of citizens of the United States. Seems pretty clear that this means any State law restricting firearms is unconstitutional. 2A says we have the RKBA. 14A says the States can't make laws restricting that. So, as far as I can tell, the States do NOT have the right to legislate gun control (and neither does the Federal government).

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 01-01-2013 at 06:59 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
As an expat Brit I am kinda peed at this moron. Having the privilege of being able to own a gun is one of the reasons I came here.
You don't have to leave the UK to have firearms. I live in the UK and have firearms.

Old 01-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #108
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

You don't have to leave the UK to have firearms. I live in the UK and have firearms.
I understand you love the UK but the gun laws suck, if you really want to see some guns if your ever in New England go to the Manchester Firing Line in Manchester NH, they have a mini-gun, anti-tank rifle and a few grenade launchers on display, and you can rent semi-auto rifles (about a month ago I rented a SCAR 16 there), full auto rifles, and belt fed machine guns. Case in point God bless America!

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #109
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I understand you love the UK but the gun laws suck, if you really want to see some guns if your ever in New England go to the Manchester Firing Line in Manchester NH, they have a mini-gun, anti-tank rifle and a few grenade launchers on display, and you can rent semi-auto rifles (about a month ago I rented a SCAR 16 there), full auto rifles, and belt fed machine guns. Case in point God bless America
Yes i have watched the videos. I couldn't afford to shoot a mini-gun. You can get all the firearms i want in the UK. I know that the gun laws are not as strict in America as the UK. But they are not as strict as some in the UK as some in America seem to think.

Quote:
I understand you love the UK
I wouldn't say i love it. There are better places to live and worse.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 AM   #110
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

Yes i have watched the videos. I couldn't afford to shoot a mini-gun. You can get all the firearms i want in the UK. I know that the gun laws are not as strict in America as the UK. But they are not as strict as some in the UK as some in America seem to think.

I wouldn't say i love it. There are better places to live and worse.
You can get all the firearms you want, you said you can't own any full autos

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY