Petition to allow re-importation of US military arms
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Petition to allow re-importation of US military arms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Petition to allow re-importation of US military arms

It's been a long time since I've been here. Sorry if this has already been posted, I didn't see it in the Legal and Activism section...

This is a whitehouse.gov petition (not a email collection scam) to RETRACT the executive order against the re-importation of U.S. military firearms.

Please take a minute to make an account, sign the petition, and repost this EVERYWHERE!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/retract-executive-order-against-re-importation-us-military-firearms/Gw1Pc64d

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #2

Liked 101 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Done.......

Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Unfortunately, this information is incorrect.

Quote:
The primary firearms that this would impact are the U.S. M1 Garand and Carbine rifles, prized by collectors, competitive sports shooters, and "plinkers" who are interested in U.S. military history.
CMP will not be impacted whatsoever. And I've never seen anyone 'plink' with a .30-06.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #4

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Unfortunately, this information is incorrect.

CMP will not be impacted whatsoever. And I've never seen anyone 'plink' with a .30-06.
Many of the M1 rifles were chambered in 30 cal. The 30/06 died before the Korean conflict. The 30 cal is only good for plinking and target shooting. Hell Ruger makes revolvers chambered in 30 cal. The 30 cal is almost as anemic as the 223.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #5

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post

Many of the M1 rifles were chambered in 30 cal. The 30/06 died before the Korean conflict. The 30 cal is only good for plinking and target shooting. Hell Ruger makes revolvers chambered in 30 cal. The 30 cal is almost as anemic as the 223.
I disagree. I have friends who served in Afghanistan who have folded people with them, M1 Carbines. You'd be amazed what some guys are forced to pick up and use during an engagement over there. They said they would find everthing from flint locks to RPGs on those dirt bags. After hearing some of their stories, I have much respect for the .30 carbine.