People that use ccw as a license to kill - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

People that use ccw as a license to kill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Here in Detroit, I have come across a few people who have the mentality that their CCW permit gives them a license to kill and get away with it. I was explaining to someone that if you provoke a situation, even verbally, to the point of violence, you can't then use your gun against someone and then claim self defense. This person believed that he could get away with saying whatever he wanted to another person to provoke them, and then if the person physically attacked him, he could then shoot them and not have to worry about jail.

I explained that it doesn't work that way and that a jury would probably be more sympathetic to someone illegally concealed carrying but had to use their weapon in a legitimate self defense situation, than someone who had legal paperwork to CCW and purposely put themselves in a situation to be able to use their gun. People who think like that hurt the cause for the rest of us.
PMATH, Sir, but your post seems like a "set up" !

IMPE, -admittedly somewhat dated - if you wanted to shoot someone in Detroit it was pretty much "open season" when I worked there ! ONe of the many reasons I never went "downtown" while working the Rouge ! >MW

Old 02-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

There is no such thing as a licence to kill for the public. If that is someones reason for getting a ccw, they just might end up being strung up in a big oak tree.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:01 AM   #23

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
There is no such thing as a licence to kill for the public. If that is someones reason for getting a ccw, they just might end up being strung up in a big oak tree.
Amen brother.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

hopefully someone with this mentality will be denied the permission to get a CCW permit, as they will bring shame to those law abiding citizens who want one just to have the right to protect themselves and their loved ones. if a person is of this mindset, then if or when it were to happen, they need to be prosecuted to the full extent the law allows. i believe a weapon is a last resort, not the first reaction to a bad situation. as someone else posted before, which makes a lot of sense, don't go anywhere armed, you wouldn't go unarmed. seems to me, that a person going places armed, just because they are, are looking for trouble. guess what? they usually find it, or it finds them!