People line up to legally make untraceable guns - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > People line up to legally make untraceable guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

according to what i have read in the past about building your own firearm and using 80% recievers is that the person who is the final recipeint of that firearm has to to the work themselves. they may recieve instruction and guidance, but must do the work themselves for it to be legal.

now if done on an automated CNC lathe or milling machine, i have to question whether the person is actually doing the work or is the machine?

Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM   #22

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
according to what i have read in the past about building your own firearm and using 80% recievers is that the person who is the final recipeint of that firearm has to to the work themselves. they may recieve instruction and guidance, but must do the work themselves for it to be legal.

now if done on an automated CNC lathe or milling machine, i have to question whether the person is actually doing the work or is the machine?
So if the machine performs many operations the operator has to pick what operation it will perform. So it would come down to who picks the path for the machine to perform such a task. They would be the maker.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #23

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
So if the machine performs many operations the operator has to pick what operation it will perform. So it would come down to who picks the path for the machine to perform such a task. They would be the maker.
If I were the judge, I would agree. Unfortunately, I don't have any say in the matter. It is what Obama wants it to be at the moment, and right now, he does'nt want to get impeached.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #24

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

My last Machinist job I worked with a guy that would buy partial finished 1911 frames and finish them into working 1911a1 pistols. Since the frames weren't finished there was no law prohibiting their purchase through the mail, no FFL needed. Long as he doesn't sell them he can make and keep all that he wants.

This is the War Room!"

Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 AM   #25

Liked 41 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
You can buy an 80% lower and do the same thing yourself with a drill press and a few clamps.
From the video and from the words of the person interviewed, it would appear that's exactly what was clamped into the jig.