People of Illinois - Lend me your eyes
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > People of Illinois - Lend me your eyes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default People of Illinois - Lend me your eyes

I posted this in another thread in the Illinois Gun Forum - but it's pretty bare there right now...please join us for further discussions! =)

But in the mean time, Im trying to reach as many people as possible. This isn't "my cause" nor am I saying i'm the leader of anything. This is simply a plea for my fellow Illinoisians (if thats a word?) to join together and TOGETHER take down the Gun Nazis in Springfield & Chicago.

They are the minority in this conversation - it's time we prove it.

Anyways, here was my post

Quote:
Every single person in this thread is obviously passionate about gun ownership and the second amendment (Why else would we be here?)

But we have to realize that there are people in our state that have the same passion and fervent desires we do, but their aims are to TAKE AWAY our right to protect ourselves.

What's the difference between us & them? They're expressing it publicly and in the polls! Proof? Illinois keeps electing CRIMINALS like Quinn and Rahm.

Fact: The opinions of people like Quinn are absolutely in the minority of this state. Most people of Illinois are pro-second amendment and pro-concealed carry (even though CCPs are actually AGAINST the spirit of the 2nd amendment!) but we shoot ourselves in the foot because, in my opinion, we are NOT DOING ENOUGH!

it's time to take our activism beyond the comfortable borders of a forum of people that agree with us. It's time to take our opinions that we have a RIGHT to exercise our SECOND AMENDMENT for *NO OTHER REASON* than because WE CAN.

Always when having these discussions, we are forced to give reasons WHY we should be allowed to exercise our RIGHT to own a firearm: "Protection" "Sportsmanship" "Hunting" etc...

Do people need to give an excuse for making fun of The President? NO!

Do people need to give an excuse for wanting to exercise their right to speak their mind? NO!

So why in the hell do we have to give an excuse to exercise our SECOND AMENDMENT right to own as many firearms as our wives will allow us to have?! (or for our female members, the # of firearms your husband will allow you to have)

Ted Nugent put it better than anyone when he said that if every gun owner in Illinois would get on board with the cause, and not be a weekend warrior about it - Illinois would have Concealed Carry in 12 months.

This is our time to shine. This is not some pathetic call to action. This is a plea to join together and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW - even if you think they aren't listening!

I blast my Facebook wall every day with Gun Facts, I email representatives and senators, I call them CONSTANTLY to voice my opinions, I speak in public places where people will allow me, and I NEVER shut up about it, and once it comes time to vote for a new Governor, i'll really be ablaze with political rhetoric. Show everyone the truth.

The *ONLY* way someone like Quinn is going to win is if *WE* allow him to. We can pass the buck and "blame it on Chicago" all we want. The fact is, not everyone in Chicago likes Quinn, but those who like Quinn like him enough to get their asses to the polls, and get their friends asses to the polls, and they make their vote COUNT.

It's time we do the same thing.

No more excuses. Replace him at ALL COSTS and elect ANYONE who says they are pro-second amendment.

Illinois needs a change damnit, and we need to be the ones to usher in that change!!

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 02-20-2012 at 07:13 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It may not be the people who like these dirtbags that are re-electing them time after time, but all their dead relatives who follow the theme, "vote early and vote as many times and in as many precincts as you can get away with it"

Old 02-20-2012, 06:52 PM   #3

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

That's well said, prime.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
It may not be the people who like these dirtbags that are re-electing them time after time, but all their dead relatives who follow the theme, "vote early and vote as many times and in as many precincts as you can get away with it"
I admit that this is part of the problem. But it's not the deciding factor. Quinn won 2012 by a margin of less than 1%. That's 31,834 votes

I can guarantee everyone that on election day, there were at least 31,835 gun owners who set on their hind ends and said one of the follow two things:

"my vote doesn't count"
"Doesn't matter, Chicago decides the winner"

And since at least 31,835 people decided to go with that philosophy, it became a self-fulfilling one.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #5

I had finally had enough of the B.S. in Hellinois. Moved to S.Ohio 3 wks. ago. It's like another world down here. Freedoms are embraced not stomped on. Guns are everywhere, People are polite and respectful of each other. I'm just sad it took me so long to get here. The people of Illinois deserve what they get. They keep electing these idiots. You're gonna have to do more than rant if you ever want it to change. I'll watch from down here with amusement. Good Luck!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #6

Believe me when I say if I could find a job outside illinois that pays what this one does , id be moving out of illinois too

Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 30 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Believe me when I say if I could find a job outside illinois that pays what this one does , id be moving out of illinois too
You're being strongly heard down here. Surely the
people of Illinois can hear you. Keep up the good
work and know, we are pulling for you!

Illinois is a beautiful State and it is a shame the
corruption in the government can bring such unrest
and injury to her law abiding citizens!

Bob

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 02-20-2012, 11:52 PM   #8

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

You're doing a good thing here PPC...avatar still makes me hungry!

We hear people rant and rave about the "antis", why and how they're so wrong and so utterly ignorant. I don't know personally how the social climate is in IL when it comes to 2A rights...BUT...I DO know how it is in the northeast...here's my take...

To the rabid anti gunners...eff 'em in the ear...eff 'em in the other ear, we're wasting our time trying to open closed minds, those aren't the people we need to reach. Speaking from experience there are literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS (millions?) of good folks who are indifferent on the subject...THOSE are the people we need to reach. A significant amount of people don't shoot, own firearms or even think about our passion unless it comes up on the news...and I think we all know how that plays out. Teach them to understand that our beloved 2A ISN'T about the gun itself, but about OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and OBLIGATION TO SURVIVE.

I have friends in the northeast that never ever think twice about a gun, not because they're opposed to them, but because it's just not a part of their everyday life. (crimeinitaly is wasn't until fairly recently that you could buy beer on Sunday and open a tattoo shop in MASS!!!) If we can find a way to show them it's about our GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SURVIVE, not about the gun itself, and how our constitution is being underhandedly bastardized and eroded we might sway some votes our way.

Rant over....

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 02-20-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #9

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
You're doing a good thing here PPC...avatar still makes me hungry!

We hear people rant and rave about the "antis", why and how they're so wrong and so utterly ignorant. I don't know personally how the social climate is in IL when it comes to 2A rights...BUT...I DO know how it is in the northeast...here's my take...

To the rabid anti gunners...eff 'em in the ear...eff 'em in the other ear, we're wasting our time trying to open closed minds, those aren't the people we need to reach. Speaking from experience there are literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS (millions?) of good folks who are indifferent on the subject...THOSE are the people we need to reach. A significant amount of people don't shoot, own firearms or even think about our passion unless it comes up on the news...and I think we all know how that plays out. Teach them to understand that our beloved 2A ISN'T about the gun itself, but about OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS and OBLIGATION TO SURVIVE.

I have friends in the northeast that never ever think twice about a gun, not because they're opposed to them, but because it's just not a part of their everyday life. (crimeinitaly is wasn't until fairly recently that you could buy beer on Sunday and open a tattoo shop in MASS!!!) If we can find a way to show them it's about our GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO SURVIVE, not about the gun itself, and how our constitution is being underhandedly bastardized and eroded we might sway some votes our way.

Rant over....
Down south we say "eff 'em in the neck". I don't know why, or specifically what it even means...but that's what we say.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #10

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I posted this in another thread in the Illinois Gun Forum - but it's pretty bare there right now...please join us for further discussions! =)

But in the mean time, Im trying to reach as many people as possible. This isn't "my cause" nor am I saying i'm the leader of anything. This is simply a plea for my fellow Illinoisians (if thats a word?) to join together and TOGETHER take down the Gun Nazis in Springfield & Chicago.

They are the minority in this conversation - it's time we prove it.

Anyways, here was my post
PPC,
Im not sure who your voting for but I still have a Pliura signs available I would gladly hook you up with if you would like one for your yard . Im not too far from Champaign and would gladly run one over to ya . Get the word out !!!
and vote these wanna be dicktators out