Patriot Act, Section 215 - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Patriot Act, Section 215

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 90 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 29

The oath of office for Congress: I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Isn't there a law against perjury?

USAF 77-99
MAC trained killer

Old 02-09-2012, 03:20 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

You've got to remember: They make the laws, and always exempt themselves from the laws they pass. So perjury is just another priviledge they reserve for themselves.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #83

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie View Post
And now this is probably gonna really piss people off or, hell, I don't know what kind of reaction this is gonna get, but the biggest reason I'm a liberal and talk of moving to Canada is cuz I'm gay as a three-dollar bill and am frigging sick of being treated like a frigging second-class citizen. There are parts of the US where if my partner of 13 years was in intensive care, I couldn't go in to see him cuz I'm not "family." I'm trying to watch my language here but my adrenalin is kicking and I'm getting seriously riled up. You probably all fckng hate me now and want to bring out your guns and shoot me. Do you know what that's like? Knowing people wanna shoot you because of the way you were fckng BORN? This wasn't a fckng choice on my part. The only thing I chose was to be comfortable with who I am and stop trying to kill myself by getting fckng drunk every night.
What you don't realize is that most gun owners are the first ones who understand the Constitution, the 1st Amendment and FREEDOM. What you are is your right, none of us are going to shoot you for it. Now it doesn't mean I agree with that lifestyle but I sure as hell won't take the right from you to be who you are.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 02-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

In my opinion it's NOT OK to be "gay", but if you can't help it, then so be it. Just don't go around kicking all us straight people because we don't bow down and worship you. We don't go around proudly announcing that we are straight. We hardly ever bring up the subject as a topic of conversation. Nobody that I know has any desire to prevent you from being employed, owning guns, etc. Maybe you could just not flaunt your "special status", and do your job, and whatever other normal activities you may do, without going out of your way to offend the rest of us.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #85

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
In my opinion it's NOT OK to be "gay", but if you can't help it, then so be it. Just don't go around kicking all us straight people because we don't bow down and worship you. We don't go around proudly announcing that we are straight. We hardly ever bring up the subject as a topic of conversation. Nobody that I know has any desire to prevent you from being employed, owning guns, etc. Maybe you could just not flaunt your "special status", and do your job, and whatever other normal activities you may do, without going out of your way to offend the rest of us.
Yeah exactly, just like I don't make out with my girlfriend in front of of a bunch of people I don't know. I hate when gay people purposely do these things in my face to advertise that "special status". It went from gay right to gay pride and the pride part is too much. Straight people have to be respectful towards people with alternate lifestyles and tolerate that, however in return respect the fact that we don't want you over-displaying your affection in front of us.

Totally went off topic...

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 02-10-2012, 01:18 AM   #86

Liked 1130 Times on 670 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
Yeah exactly, just like I don't make out with my girlfriend in front of of a bunch of people I don't know. I hate when gay people purposely do these things in my face to advertise that "special status". It went from gay right to gay pride and the pride part is too much. Straight people have to be respectful towards people with alternate lifestyles and tolerate that, however in return respect the fact that we don't want you over-displaying your affection in front of us.

Totally went off topic...
A woman showing off a wedding ring could be considered flaunting a "special status". I get what your saying but what many straight people consider to be mundane every day behavior may in fact be flaunting special status to homosexual.

You are right we are totally off topic. If anyone wants to bring this up let's start a new thread. Patriot Act deserves it's own dedicated thread as it's a bigger threat to our freedom than almost anything I can think of and that includes terrorists.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson