Patriot Act, Section 215 - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Patriot Act, Section 215

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thumbs down Patrioit act??

Hello all, RON L here

The Partiot act? Where do I begin??? I saw it as a Really bad Idea under Bush 2, as it did sand does violate so many part of our rights and freedoms, but , counter to what many feel here, the partiot act under a LEFTIST LIKE OBAMA , is a frigging nightmere! These are the same folks that argued, Cried and caried on when Buch 2 Got the patriot act rolling, but once given the oppertunity to make or let it go away DIDn'T? Think about it, the Left has always hated Power and control under the gov, UNlESS THEY were weilding it? These are Folks that hatw he US as the nation is is, never see the Good or accomplisments of the country, but always Focus on the ngative, many hate the Military and the nation as it is and want to convert it to some sort of Rip off of the EU? No, In short, the patriot act, as i see it is a bad idea No matter who runs it, Even WORSE WHEN YA LET LEFTIST HAVE THIER WAY WITH IT? Never has the Left even accomplised so much as it has now? It's a wet Dream of thier,s Controled the banks, Check, Control the car Industry, Check, Control health Care, Check, Now the ony usuall items they want and waork on are Gun Control _Patriot act sees well to that, then Reduction of he Miliitary and the nations Defense thats how it has always been and how it will be if we don't wake up and recend Items like this?

RON

Old 04-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #32

Liked 2505 Times on 1428 Posts
Likes Given: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONSERESURPLUS View Post
Hello all, RON L here

The Partiot act? Where do I begin??? I saw it as a Really bad Idea under Bush 2, as it did sand does violate so many part of our rights and freedoms, but , counter to what many feel here, the partiot act under a LEFTIST LIKE OBAMA , is a frigging nightmere! These are the same folks that argued, Cried and caried on when Buch 2 Got the patriot act rolling, but once given the oppertunity to make or let it go away DIDn'T? Think about it, the Left has always hated Power and control under the gov, UNlESS THEY were weilding it? These are Folks that hatw he US as the nation is is, never see the Good or accomplisments of the country, but always Focus on the ngative, many hate the Military and the nation as it is and want to convert it to some sort of Rip off of the EU? No, In short, the patriot act, as i see it is a bad idea No matter who runs it, Even WORSE WHEN YA LET LEFTIST HAVE THIER WAY WITH IT? Never has the Left even accomplised so much as it has now? It's a wet Dream of thier,s Controled the banks, Check, Control the car Industry, Check, Control health Care, Check, Now the ony usuall items they want and waork on are Gun Control _Patriot act sees well to that, then Reduction of he Miliitary and the nations Defense thats how it has always been and how it will be if we don't wake up and recend Items like this?

RON
The proof of your statement is in the pudding. Are Obama or Hillary

disbanding the Secret Service because they "don't believe in guns"??

Nuff said...

Old 04-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #33

Default Left vs Right

I find this all so fascinating!! Seriously, while you guys are slamming the Left, we over on the Left are slamming the Right with the EXACT same arguments!! It's frigging crazy!

But before anyone starts slamming me for being a liberal, please look at my posts and see that I have been trying to be respectable and am here to gain knowledge, not sling dung. Hell, I wanna move to Canada. (oh, go ahead and sling, I don't care.)

But seriously, this is really mind opening to me. It's starting to look like neither side is happy unless they're the ones wielding the power - but I guess that makes sense, it's why they're in politics: power. I was completely dumbfounded that Obama was so gung-ho to extend the Patriot Act.

Have you all seen this in the Denver Post about Top Secret America?
Un-freaking-believable.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2121 Times on 1147 Posts
Likes Given: 3194

Wrote a letter to our congressman Tom Cole criticizing his vote to extend the Patriot Act. Cole had the nerve to insinuate i'm not a "patriot". i spent over 20 years in the US Army and get accused of being unpatriotic by a draft dodging puke. Go figure.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Something that has always fascinated me is government's contradiction of itself and how history repeats.

The longer a government stands, the more it corrupts. In China, it was the dynastic cycle, in the middle ages, it was kings, and now its presidents/premiers/what have you. People eventually get fed up with their opinions falling on deaf ears, whether the coup is right or wrong, it happens. Time dictates it.

The permanent five members of the UN Security Council are also the world's top 5 arms dealers, supplying third parties with the means to pursue a cause that would also benefit the supplier, yet the same governments restrict private firearms ownership, or outright prohibit it.

Hitler registered weapons before then confiscating them. Gadaffi, Pol-Pot, Stalin, and Mao all had similar strategies. Appear for the good of the people, and when they can no longer hurt you (the leader) you become heavy handed. Ride on their emotions and lack of foresight.

Some countries, like Canada, have seen gun registration as a dismal failure. The number of weapons registered was far below actual estimates. People simply did not register their guns.

I had an unfortunate boating incident recently. Some buddies and I thought shooting out of a boat would be a nice challenge. We went out, and of course, horsing around like idiots, our boat flipped and every firearm I owned is now at the bottom of a pond, slowly sinking through the mud for some achealogist to find a long time from now. Moral of the story, don't bring all your guns on a boat at one time...

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #36
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie View Post
I find this all so fascinating!! Seriously, while you guys are slamming the Left, we over on the Left are slamming the Right with the EXACT same arguments!! It's frigging crazy!

But before anyone starts slamming me for being a liberal, please look at my posts and see that I have been trying to be respectable and am here to gain knowledge, not sling dung. Hell, I wanna move to Canada. (oh, go ahead and sling, I don't care.)

But seriously, this is really mind opening to me. It's starting to look like neither side is happy unless they're the ones wielding the power - but I guess that makes sense, it's why they're in politics: power.
A whole lot of folks here aren't partisan - we're not all gung-ho for the GOP because we understand they're a bunch of tools just like the Dems.

What we want is to be left the hell alone. We don't want the government's help. Neither major political party seems interested in that concept.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #37

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Its a Bad idea No matter who uses it!

Helo all, RON L here

The Patriot Act? It's a Bad Idea no Matter who ues it, I was commenting that the GOP broght it forth, to the Crying and Whining of the Left! Then when they (THE LEFT) had a Chance to let it expire OH NO,m Now they get to Abuse the POWER and DID! I don't see the Right as a ot better at anything than the Left, but I do see Monitation of the Left a Far More Sinister and not to Be Trusted! The right, for all thier Bumbling, I dont see an real Skill or Anility, But I don't see a Clear hatered of thier own Country and at least that can acknowledge the greatness that America is? As for as the Fellow wanting to Move to Canada, Go for it? No ones stopping you? I came from a Family that went the other Direction and if you thin things are wonderful in Canada, then you don't know or are Dreaming? LOL Think your rights are Trampled here, Try your gun rights in canada? LOL No 2ND amendment and as so many other Place like the UK, they lost thier gun rights years ago! England and Australia such the same way! I see the Patriot act as a Bad Idea, one thats oved by anyone that wants to and will abuse power! Wa the Concept a Good idea, I still say no, some see a Reason for it but then some saw a Reason for Hitlers Gun control colocies as well? Same same as I see it? Weather it's the DNC or the GOP< they all abuse power and the Patriot act is a pure example of who ya can't trust on BOTH sides? So, How to get rid of it? Keep Voting the Clowns out that support it and force the Change? If ya don't try, don't BITCH? Ditto thoe that don't Vote then wanna cry about who is elected? Is the system perfect no, if it better than Cuba YUP!

Old 04-30-2011, 04:10 AM   #38

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie View Post
But seriously, this is really mind opening to me. It's starting to look like neither side is happy unless they're the ones wielding the power - but I guess that makes sense, it's why they're in politics: power. I was completely dumbfounded that Obama was so gung-ho to extend the Patriot Act.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
A whole lot of folks here aren't partisan - we're not all gung-ho for the GOP because we understand they're a bunch of tools just like the Dems.

What we want is to be left the hell alone. We don't want the government's help. Neither major political party seems interested in that concept.
Brie, as BKT stated, to many of us, all we want is to live our lives as WE see fit. As long as I do not violate YOUR rights, I should be able to do as I please without hurting any body else. It is called FREEDOM!! This is the premise on which this country was founded. Our founding fathers KNEW that a large government would eventually feel the need to control the citizens, intruding upon every aspect of our daily lives. This is what America has become, a huge government telling us how we should live. That is NOT how it is supposed to be!!

The Republicans and the Democrats have, in general, forgotten what our Constitution is and what it means. I don't particularly care for either party.

Tell me, as a Liberal, do you think it is the job/duty of the federal government to provide welfare, require citizens to purchase a product that they provide, and grow the government to unsustainable size?

Have you ever taken the time, outside of social studies class, to read and try to understand the constitution? If you haven't, I urge you to do so, and then explain to me, how, what our current government is doing, is CONSTITUTIONAL.

To me, it isn't about who has power, but the government having TOO much power.

The policy of the American government is to leave their citizens free, neither restraining nor aiding them in their pursuits. Thomas Jefferson. THIS is what our Framers wanted our country to be, FREE!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #39

Well maybe people will start waking up. The Government is not our friend. Enough said.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #40

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thumbs up From your Mouth to thier ears Lets hope?

PowerV

I hope your right? From your Mouth to thier ears, Gov never has and never will be anyone to trust! That not Paraniod, it's Just fact! Events of Late hould wake up even the sheep, but I won't ohold my Breath? So much has Happened and so many still seem asleep at the wheel?

RON