Patriot Act, Section 215 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Patriot Act, Section 215

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1265 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

We've got to keep working on sending 2A supporters to Congress and the state legislatures. Hiding a Glock 22 under the mattress and trying to use it when they drive a tank thru your house is not going to be much help. Also, some of the loudmouth macho hero's who don't even bother to vote might give some consideration to actually doing something, like investigating the candidates' voting records and vote for the right ones.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:38 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

when I was in the military, I thought that the best way to protect my country was to work for the government. I served to keep guys like obama & Co. out of our country. Now I believe that opposing the government is the best way to protect my country. It just about breaks my heart.

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudo View Post
when I was in the military, I thought that the best way to protect my country was to work for the government. I served to keep guys like obama & Co. out of our country. Now I believe that opposing the government is the best way to protect my country. It just about breaks my heart.
Well, if you're a fan of individual liberty and free-market capitalism then opposing the government we have today (at all levels) makes sense. Our system of government works great as long as the electorate has some understanding of things. They don't.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It is funny (not ha ha ) That this gov. we have today talks about supplying weapons to the rebels in lybia to fight for their freedoms but want to disarm us and take our freedoms.

The BATFE allowing weapons to be purchased and cross the border to mexico for the cartels to kill people and try to blame the american gun dealers.

Barrack
Arming
Terrorist
Foreigners
Everywhere

Our country is going down the sh!tter.

This is something I heard one day. I was standing in line waiting to buy my wifes cig's and my chew. (recently passed law that we as a people cannot get our own tobacco in the smoke shop--employees have to go get it) Someone mentioned how crazy this was and a lady said," I don't mind it doesn't bother me."
I replied "It is that right there that allows our government to keep taking our rights away because someday it will be something you do care about but it will be to late."

That is the biggest problem with a whole host of people is they just go along with whatever is decided for them. It is sad really sad.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1265 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

The so-called "Patriot" Act is an unconstitutional "proclamation" to allow the federal gov't unlimited authority to do surveillance on anybody and everybody without a warrant. It is not keeping U.S. citizens safe from anything. It is designed to keep a corrupt government safe from its citizens.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:17 AM   #16

The two Patriot Acts were the biggest affront to our Constitutional rights since martial law was declared 70 yrs ago, yet it's the darling of many Republicans. They're part of the reason that I am now registered Independent.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:40 AM   #17

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I am against the Patriot Act, it reeks to much like Nazi Germany when Hitler was giving unlimited power to his SS and gustapo

Old 04-18-2011, 02:42 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2068 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 3105

Quote:
The so-called "Patriot" Act is an unconstitutional "proclamation" to allow the federal gov't unlimited authority to do surveillance on anybody and everybody without a warrant. It is not keeping U.S. citizens safe from anything. It is designed to keep a corrupt government safe from its citizens.
Quote:
The two Patriot Acts were the biggest affront to our Constitutional rights since martial law was declared 70 yrs ago, yet it's the darling of many Republicans. They're part of the reason that I am now registered Independent.
Quote:
I am against the Patriot Act, it reeks to much like Nazi Germany when Hitler was giving unlimited power to his SS and gustapo
Right on.

How in hades can an a law that allows warrantless searches of ones home and allows folks be jailed for years without charges be constitutional?

"Patriot Act" my butt. It's feel good crap whose real purpose is to spy on Americans.

Last edited by alsaqr; 04-18-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 PM   #19

Default The vote...

I'm doing a paper for school on how Section 215 is effecting libraries and was surprised to see gun owners aren't real happy with it, either (to put it lightly).

after reading the discussion, I have two questions. And please, I am NOT asking these to start an argument; this is to clear up some ambiguity on my part.

According to the vote a larger percentage of Republicans voted for the extension than did Democrats. This coupled with the fact that the Patriot Act was started under the Bush administration, why are people blaming the Democrats/liberals? One person said he is no longer a registered Republican, but what about others?

Thanks!

Old 04-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #20

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

It is not an issue of Republican or Democrat, But rather who has the power and can controll American Surfs