Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Paramilitary Extremists Riot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Paramilitary Extremists Riot

BOSTON, April 20 - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimated that 72 were killed and more than 20 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons. Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early April between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms. One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned their weapons over voluntarily."

"Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor has also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thumbs up

LOL! I like it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #3

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

It could come to pass, brother. Pray it doesn't
Edit: I guess this didn't come off as I thought it would. I got a pm.

Yes I get that this based on the beginning of the Revolutionary War.
It is also written in a style that it could be applied to modern day, i.e. next April.
It's focus on a gun grab is very current in that there is a group of modern large city mayors who have made it a focus to limit the public's right to bear arms.
Clear enough?

Last edited by fireguy; 12-17-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I got a quarter way through it and thought "Oh, Crap".
Halfway through, it started to sound familiar.
That was a good take on a classic.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #5
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1806 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3682

The Year 1775!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Awesome post. Now, how would we feel if that happened today to tha masachussets national guard?

we're Americans and we pray for peace, and if we can't have peace we find and destroy the people who screwed up the damn peace. So we can have some peace. - Christopher Titus

Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #7

Default Considering

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid20 View Post
Awesome post. Now, how would we feel if that happened today to tha masachussets national guard?
Would be the hell of a morning breaking news pal.

Considering the actual government is fully local and popularly elected, the deed might not be as popular as "back in the days"

However in a movie, the plot is perfectly entertaining. Matt Damon can play Paul Revere, Samuel Adams is Brad Pitt and John Hancock is Leonardo Dicaprio. Hell of a movie it would be.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display

Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
It could come to pass, brother. Pray it doesn't.

I disagree that this could happen today. First they did not have the protection of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment and hate the police as much as you want but they would not be able to get together a useable force to violate the Constitution by trying to seize weapons. I know, I know those of you that see a conspiracy in every action of the police will say it has happened. Well, almost all of those incidents that have been brought up in this forum have been taken for some reason other than just to seize weapons. A possible threat, mental evaluation, or a plethora of other reasons. Do individual organizations want to ban all guns … you bet you’re a** they do BUT I still don’t see the country as a whole trying to confiscate our weapons. Can I see them try to regulate the guns… yes but not seize. But this is just my opinion and it and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1799 Times on 979 Posts
Likes Given: 556

Regular police would not be used. Probably not the National Guard either. ATF very likely. UN troops a high possibility as the ban and confiscation would be the result of a UN treaty. We are being led into a One World Government and no one will be allowed to keep weapons.
Hitler called in all weapons. They were collected, registered, serviced and returned in good working order. He then made a second call and almost everybody turned in their weapons. They did not get them back.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
I disagree that this could happen today. First they did not have the protection of the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment and hate the police as much as you want but they would not be able to get together a useable force to violate the Constitution by trying to seize weapons. I know, I know those of you that see a conspiracy in every action of the police will say it has happened. Well, almost all of those incidents that have been brought up in this forum have been taken for some reason other than just to seize weapons. A possible threat, mental evaluation, or a plethora of other reasons. Do individual organizations want to ban all guns … you bet you’re a** they do BUT I still don’t see the country as a whole trying to confiscate our weapons. Can I see them try to regulate the guns… yes but not seize. But this is just my opinion and it and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee.
I'm sure the good people in California, Louisiana, DC, among others, will be glad to hear that their guns weren't actually confiscated, but...ummmm....borrowed? Glad that was cleared up finally