Paperwork W/Background Checks..What's the point? - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Paperwork W/Background Checks..What's the point?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1374 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
Another thing is, i'm willing to bet there a a lot of people denied because of something on record due to mental illness, I mean seriously, how is anyone gonna prosecute that if the person didn't even know that they were ineligible? And even if the person knew that they were ineligible to buy a firearm due to mental illness, who's gonna prosecute someone that isn't capable of making those kinds of decisions or be accountable for their own actions because of illness?
The 4473 forum, the FBI, The State and the ATF do not have access to your Medical Records. They have no way of knowing of any Mental Illness unless there are Court documents and Legal documents outside of your personal Medical History.

Enter Obama Care, now they know everything.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
The 4473 forum, the FBI, The State and the ATF do not have access to your Medical Records. They have no way of knowing of any Mental Illness unless there are Court documents and Legal documents outside of your personal Medical History.

Enter Obama Care, now they know everything.
i think that is a huge concern many gun owners have about ObamaCare.

release of their private medical information to the government, so they could possibly use it to restrict certain people from possessing or owning a firearm based on those medical records, and the drugs they are prescribed.
mseric Likes This 
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #63
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7891 Times on 4049 Posts
Likes Given: 9046

Medical records are not for anyone that isnt authorized by the owner to look at. When I say owner, I mean patient. HIPAA violations cost people their jobs because our medical privacy is guaranteed by law. Being forced to give up your privacy to the Government as terms of exercising your 2A is complete BS.

The day they take the whole topic of Mental defect seriously is the day we may start to agree on terms of its official use. The same people that today say Mental Defect is the perfect reason to deny Firearms ownership are the same folks that have consistently denied treatment and closed psych centers across the nation to save money. Hell, Andy Coumo's Dad opened up the Psych centers doors and let them all walk away in NY in 1994, thats better!

Culling a single right because mental defect is suspected proves they are not trying to protect us, they just hate guns! If they are gonna take the time to deem someone unsafe, at least look at the overall picture of what is reasonable to try to prevent based on their defect, not just pick one out of the grabbag. I dont take regs serious when they state were safe because we took away a "Crazy Persons" 2A but we shouldnt worry about them driving Motor Vehicles, Working in Food preparation areas, buying a samurai sword or having a bic lighter and a gallon of gasoline on them.

Back to background checks! Why do we feel safer with them?

http://www.publicintegrity.org/2014/01/23/14155/justice-department-says-federal-contractor-routinely-faked-security-clearance

These folks are in charge of clearing federal and state employees before they get access to sensitive material, they and others have been prosecuted for falsifying data, docs and interviews. What makes anyone think that our Weapon BCG check system is better than the ones we use to secure our national secrets?
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #64

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

The only thing a background check does is make me feel good that I have lived this long and avoided being convicted of any felonies. Many of my peers cannot say that they have not been convicted of a felony.

Old 08-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #65
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Medical records are not for anyone that isnt authorized by the owner to look at. When I say owner, I mean patient. HIPAA violations cost people their jobs because our medical privacy is guaranteed by law. Being forced to give up your privacy to the Government as terms of exercising your 2A is complete BS.

The day they take the whole topic of Mental defect seriously is the day we may start to agree on terms of its official use. The same people that today say Mental Defect is the perfect reason to deny Firearms ownership are the same folks that have consistently denied treatment and closed psych centers across the nation to save money. Hell, Andy Coumo's Dad opened up the Psych centers doors and let them all walk away in NY in 1994, thats better!

Culling a single right because mental defect is suspected proves they are not trying to protect us, they just hate guns! If they are gonna take the time to deem someone unsafe, at least look at the overall picture of what is reasonable to try to prevent based on their defect, not just pick one out of the grabbag. I dont take regs serious when they state were safe because we took away a "Crazy Persons" 2A but we shouldnt worry about them driving Motor Vehicles, Working in Food preparation areas, buying a samurai sword or having a bic lighter and a gallon of gasoline on them.

Back to background checks! Why do we feel safer with them?

http://www.publicintegrity.org/2014/01/23/14155/justice-department-says-federal-contractor-routinely-faked-security-clearance

These folks are in charge of clearing federal and state employees before they get access to sensitive material, they and others have been prosecuted for falsifying data, docs and interviews. What makes anyone think that our Weapon BCG check system is better than the ones we use to secure our national secrets?
a lot of government agencies don't have the most stellar reputations when it comes to running their agencies with proper oversight.

i have little faith in any agency overseeing and admistrating mental health issues properly in regards to gun ownership. would medical records be released for review by government agencies for gun ownership with Obamacare enacted? IDK, but i really don't want to find out. i may even drive away some who would seek out help with mental issues out of fear those records wouldn't be kept private any longer.

mentally unstable people kill and hurt others with objects other than guns as well. guns shouldn't be the primary focus when it comes to dealing with mental health issue. granted, none of us think anyone with mental health issues should be in possession of any firearms, but also there are many other things they shouldn't have access to either. the mental health issue is what needs to be addressed, not guns.
mseric Likes This 
Old 08-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2211 Times on 1311 Posts
Likes Given: 1145

I had two separate cases where 20+ handguns were purchased by an out of state (CA) gang member using fake ID's and stolen CC's and then left the state (CO). They passed the background checks using the ID's. I handed both of these cases to a BATF agent I knew 'on a silver platter' and the US Attorney refused to file stating "The state can handle it"!
The background checks are PURE BS!!!!!
People Like This