Our states break up gun laws.... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Our states break up gun laws....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It is easy to forget our freedoms. Canada sounds a lot worse than here

Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #12

Liked 4797 Times on 2683 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In Canada like England they are totally paranoid about handguns. They can own handguns made prior to 1899 that are on the approved list. To own a modern handgun is a pure night mare. The laws on a .22 target pistol are similar to out Machine gun ownership laws.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Handguns in Canada

Avtually, while it is very restrictive in Canada, I wouldn't describe it as a nightmare, if one is a pistol target shooter for example.

i own a Glock 45 GAP, CZ Shadow 9mm and Smith and Wesson model 41, .22 that I shoot at a local gun club. My "ATT" - authorization to transport, permit, allows me to transport any handgun to a shooting range / club, in Canada and back home, and is valid for several years. It does not allow me to use it for carry or self defense purposes.

When you say they can own handguns made prior to 1899, are you referring to England? That is not the case in Canada.

I would love to be able to carry my 45 GAP when hunting but if I were to do that, it would be against the law here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
In Canada like England they are totally paranoid about handguns. They can own handguns made prior to 1899 that are on the approved list. To own a modern handgun is a pure night mare. The laws on a .22 target pistol are similar to out Machine gun ownership laws.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #14
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

See, NY isnt so bad afterall! Its still complete BS to fetter an unfetterable Right at the state or federal level in the USA. Thats why we have a Constitution, if they dont like it, they should change it, thats not real easy but it could be done if they really wanted to follow the laws instead of making them up. I dont care that much if other countries dont allow their citizens to self defend, I wont go to places that my rights arent protected fully. I do care about my rights here and we will get them back the next election (or sooner).

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #15

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I am happy with Kentucky and their gun laws. Very pro-2A state. If I lived in NY, I would have moved by now. The states have the right to govern themselves. I do not want universal gun laws across the whole country.
Agreed! I think that the individual states should have MORE rights in how things are run within its borders.

Fellow Kentuckian, proud to live in such a pro-gun state also.