Our Enemy Speaking
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Our Enemy Speaking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 569 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2445

Default Our Enemy Speaking

Why do you need a weapon with the capacity to shoot dozens of rounds in a matter of seconds? If you want to shoot at a range, then your gun and clip should be kept there in a locker. Why do you need a semi-automatic weapon to hunt? Unless, of course, you are a really poor hunter. As a citizen of this country, I resent the fact that people feel they need these weapons, but don't need to responsibly ensure they won't fall into the hands of the wrong person. Or that our laws are so lax that anyone except an ex-con can purchase these weapons. I don't find it amusing that I have to go through a whole body scanner in order to board a plane, but the drunk guy next to me at the ball game has the right to conceal carry.

This is a response to something I posted on the Huff page sometime ago.

locutus Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

It takes several paragraphs of words that I doubt the average gun hater would understand but those are perfectly easy arguments to take apart and smash to pieces if you just don't mind getting typers cramp.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-08-2013, 03:11 AM   #3

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

We have more people on food stamps than any time in history. Our Nation accepts 10 % unemployment as the new normal. The Commander & Chief is fast becoming the International "Bumpkin". This is the world created by Liberal Democrats. Do you really care what these idiots think of gun ownership.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp View Post
Why do you need a weapon with the capacity to shoot dozens of rounds in a matter of seconds? If you want to shoot at a range, then your gun and clip should be kept there in a locker. Why do you need a semi-automatic weapon to hunt? Unless, of course, you are a really poor hunter. As a citizen of this country, I resent the fact that people feel they need these weapons, but don't need to responsibly ensure they won't fall into the hands of the wrong person. Or that our laws are so lax that anyone except an ex-con can purchase these weapons. I don't find it amusing that I have to go through a whole body scanner in order to board a plane, but the drunk guy next to me at the ball game has the right to conceal carry.

This is a response to something I posted on the Huff page sometime ago.
1. Target shooting, self defense, resist tyranny, coyotes.
2. Not everyone has access to a range. The right to KEEP and bear arms.
3. You have obviously never hunted coyotes
4. I resent people trying to limit my civil rights, and the rights of other people who's lives may depend on defensive firearm use
5. Stricter penalties, actually enforcing currents firearms laws, stop early release, these are endorsed by the gun rights side, but ignored by your side.
6. Who does and doesn't have these civil rights is a question neither side has the answer to.
7. What does terrorism and box cutters have to do with gun law?
8. It's illegal to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while carrying.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

Quote:
Why do you need a weapon with the capacity to shoot dozens of rounds in a matter of seconds?
I can bump fire almost any semi-auto (though it is not fun on some firearms).
Quote:
If you want to shoot at a range, then your gun and clip should be kept there in a locker.
A clip is a clip, a magazine is a magazine. The clip is used to load a magazine. The terms are not interchangeable.

Quote:
Why do you need a semi-automatic weapon to hunt? Unless, of course, you are a really poor hunter.
I have a preference to use a semi-auto for recoil purposes and injuries I have in my shoulder. And I do not think of myself as a poor hunter (hint: don't try to get a demonstration of my hunting ability.)

Quote:
...but the drunk guy next to me at the ball game has the right to conceal carry.
Most states have statutes against carrying while under such influence. Did you tell security?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1096 Times on 606 Posts
Likes Given: 455

We need them awful derned high clip powered assault shotrifles to keep them Chinese Mongolian hoarders at bay.

That, and you just never know when the South might rise again!

Seriously?

That retard doesn't find going through body scanners amusing?

DON'T FLY MOTHERF*CKER!

I fly almost every week. Welcome to the club. It's like foreplay, but without the happy ending. Newsflash Pedro, TSA doesn't care about your happy ending, they're just looking for their pivot man.

PEOPLE DON'T PURCHASE SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPONS TO HUNT WITH. SHOCKA!

Our "lax" laws, all 20,000 of them and counting don't permit lots of people with misdemeanors from purchasing weapons.

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHO BUYS THEM, IT'S ABOUT WHAT THEY DO WITH THEM

Only full-on rocket scientists worry about whether or not someone has a gun. It's entirely probable that damn near all of us have them whether everyone admits to it or not.

I don't care about your "safety" because it only occurs between your ears and nowhere else in the known universe.

Not that it matters now, but the next time you see a drunk with a firearm with you at a ball game, report that person to the police so they can be arrested for violating the law.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2111 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 3177

The "liberals" did not create the current situation all by themselves. They had lots of help from those wonderful "con-servative" political hacks who steadfastly refuse to rein in spending. The Iraq war alone will cost the US well over three trillion dollars by the time the last disabled veteran from that useless war passes.

Bill Clinton came much closer to balancing the US budget than any president in the past 40 years. Then came the Bush tax cuts and the red ink. In 2007-08 the US economy crashed. Obama and the US congress have taken deficit spending into uncharted territory. The economy is still in the crapper while the political pukes from both partys talk their feel good crap to their respective bases.

http://www.davemanuel.com/history-of-deficits-and-surpluses-in-the-united-states.php

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals/

Arguing politics is like arguing the virtues of two made up road whores.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #8

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Here's just the response they deserve.

[proceed to shake their hand]

"Welcome to the United States!

How are you enjoying your visit?"