Originally Posted by shadecorp
Why do you need a weapon with the capacity to shoot dozens of rounds in a matter of seconds? If you want to shoot at a range, then your gun and clip should be kept there in a locker. Why do you need a semi-automatic weapon to hunt? Unless, of course, you are a really poor hunter. As a citizen of this country, I resent the fact that people feel they need these weapons, but don't need to responsibly ensure they won't fall into the hands of the wrong person. Or that our laws are so lax that anyone except an ex-con can purchase these weapons. I don't find it amusing that I have to go through a whole body scanner in order to board a plane, but the drunk guy next to me at the ball game has the right to conceal carry.
This is a response to something I posted on the Huff page sometime ago.
1. Target shooting, self defense, resist tyranny, coyotes.
2. Not everyone has access to a range. The right to KEEP and bear arms.
3. You have obviously never hunted coyotes
4. I resent people trying to limit my civil rights, and the rights of other people who's lives may depend on defensive firearm use
5. Stricter penalties, actually enforcing currents firearms laws, stop early release, these are endorsed by the gun rights side, but ignored by your side.
6. Who does and doesn't have these civil rights is a question neither side has the answer to.
7. What does terrorism and box cutters have to do with gun law?
8. It's illegal to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while carrying.