Other countries do not have their freedom
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Other countries do not have their freedom

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Other countries do not have their freedom

I am recently back from China where no one is allowed to have a gun And crimes are Rising.

The police show up after the cry and say Sorry we can't help you.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 453 Times on 274 Posts
Likes Given: 153

They have better dim sum than we do. Life is a trade off.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

I've been in several cities in China and find it a filthy country with a population bomb ticking. People, pollution and lack of arable land are ongoing problems that will continue to be dogging them.

As with the USA, a corrupted political system will lead to our collective downfalls. When and where it happens is debatable. Neither of us have "Change you can believe in".

Old 05-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #4

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

"Although the PRC has a*single-party*rule led by the*Communist Party of China, the power of the criminals is also strong enough[7]*and corruption is prevalent among government employees.[7]*The criminal organizations have acquired more weapons and vehicles which are often of better quality than that of the police force.[7]"

"In 1995, more than 100,000 illegal small arms were captured nationwide.[7]*From January to July 1996, approximately 300,000 illegal small arms were seized from fourteen provinces of the country.[7]"

Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 997 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
I've been in several cities in China and find it a filthy country with a population bomb ticking. People, pollution and lack of arable land are ongoing problems that will continue to be dogging them.

As with the USA, a corrupted political system will lead to our collective downfalls. When and where it happens is debatable. Neither of us have "Change you can believe in".
Unsustainable with both countries.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6001 Times on 2967 Posts
Likes Given: 6373

I worked with a bunch of Chinese artists for a few weeks last month, they were a trip! Interesting folks, most had been in the US a couple times but a couple had never been here before, none had spent any time in a Rural area of the US so all of them were a bit nervous about their temporary surroundings.

The Non Art conversations were sporadic and measured, most were about the US, very few were about China. I found them to be less inhibited when we were one on one than when we were in a group. I wont mention exact conversations because I wouldnt want any of them to get into trouble and I do believe Their Big Brother is something they fear for good reason. Gun talk came up a bunch of times, they were shocked to hear that me and most of my neighbors had lots of guns and yet we had so many freedoms and rights. I pointed out to them thats exactly why we have so many freedoms and rights!

They mentioned some situations that reminded me of how the US is so different from theirs and others, a few of them sounded too much like the new FOOG laws and policies that were being force fed by our very own Government. I really did enjoy my time with them, they were humorous, intelligent and curious as well as being artful. Not a single one of them directly criticized anything about the Chinese Government while the intonations were clearly evident. They seemed surprised that I would be publicly critical of the US government especially since I was a Retired Military Member.

Me and my Tech team were responsible for recreating and installing their art pieces so we got pretty close for a while, they started calling me Sergent! Opening day of the show, they even gave "Sgt Robinson" credit for being Coauthor of many of their pieces and asked me to guide the first walking tour! That was a great honor, Ive received placatory gestures from other artists in the past, none ever let anyone else much less a servant like me into their limelight; these guys (and one gal) were genuine, respectful and courageous.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Feel free to repost in the political subforum.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread