Origins of the Gun Control Act of 1968(Warning:LONG) - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Origins of the Gun Control Act of 1968(Warning:LONG)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Pretty much I think media is americas #1 enemy. For any issue. It really divides the country without the true facts. It's not all liberal but it bugs me. When they talk about guns they think every gun is a fully automatic weapon.

Old 10-04-2013, 03:43 AM   #52

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Excellent post. There is one thing missing that I feel is important...
Senator Dodd, the plagiarist creator of the '68 GCA, is considered by some to be one of the most, if not the most, dishonest and corrupt US Senator ever to hold office.

Last edited by crossfire; 10-04-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Old 10-04-2013, 04:40 AM   #53

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

During the fight to keep our rights in 1968 we had a tough battle. The NRA was a very small shooting group for interest in competition. This was the years that the Liberals were punishing Americans for the assassination of JFK. Many Pro-Union Democrats financed by many Liberals groups which included Jewish, Methodist and other Liberal groups were out to disarm a Nation. Attacks on the small NRA the only pro-gun group by the leftest was merciless.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:35 AM   #54

Liked 56 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Hello All,

I ran across this site (and this thread) while searching for a side-by-side comparison of the provisions of GCA68 and Nazi Firearms Law '28/'38. I knew the comparison existed because I am a regular reader of all things JPFO, except for some inexcusable reason, I have not acquired the book, "Gun Control: Gateway To Tyranny" yet. Well, finally, after scouring through several articles and forum threads in my search, just as I was about to give up for the night, I clicked on a search result to this thread and found the comparison in Josh's 3rd or 4th post I think. So thanks Josh! Great thread, really good info, and thanks too to LBJ (if he's still lurking around) for writing it in the first place. Hard to believe that much wisdom came out of Cheaper Than Dirt! I may have to reconsider my general disinterest in that site now, so if you're still writing for 'em, pass along that your writing might be attracting new customers.

Anyway, I read the whole thread before I registered for the site, and might have a comment or two later, but for now I just wanted to say hey and thanks.

CzarChasm

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:43 AM   #55
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7684 Times on 4174 Posts
Likes Given: 16102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarChasm View Post
Hello All,

I ran across this site (and this thread) while searching for a side-by-side comparison of the provisions of GCA68 and Nazi Firearms Law '28/'38. I knew the comparison existed because I am a regular reader of all things JPFO, except for some inexcusable reason, I have not acquired the book, "Gun Control: Gateway To Tyranny" yet. Well, finally, after scouring through several articles and forum threads in my search, just as I was about to give up for the night, I clicked on a search result to this thread and found the comparison in Josh's 3rd or 4th post I think. So thanks Josh! Great thread, really good info, and thanks too to LBJ (if he's still lurking around) for writing it in the first place. Hard to believe that much wisdom came out of Cheaper Than Dirt! I may have to reconsider my general disinterest in that site now, so if you're still writing for 'em, pass along that your writing might be attracting new customers.

Anyway, I read the whole thread before I registered for the site, and might have a comment or two later, but for now I just wanted to say hey and thanks.

CzarChasm
Wow, you stroked all the right hairs. Welcome to the forum.
Great username too.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 02-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #56

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

<post deleted>

Last edited by crossfire; 02-19-2014 at 07:50 AM.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:33 AM   #57

Liked 61 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's been a long while since I heard all the things in this sticky.
The German Law was to eliminate possible resistance to the NAZIs.
While it is stated elsewhere. The result was clear. The Jews and others went to the showers and ovens. That Dodd, even crafted GCA 68 after the German law caused no small alarm around where we lived. Practically, all men served in WWII and understood the implications.
Athens Tn, is an excellent example of what the Second Amendment was retained for. Disarming America would have stopped that. Coincidence that Dodd used the German Law. We see the same objective being forced on America today. The aim is to disarm Americans. Easier to be stomped on if they can't resist Imperial rulers..

Old 06-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #58
LBJ

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

CzarChasm, still out here. Haven't been with CTD! since 2008. But, still up with the gun control propaganda scene. That's still very much ON. These mass shootings cannot ALL be "spontaneous," thus, well planned and executed by the anti-gunners (not the local bunch either, much, much higher up than that). I know this is not a conspiracy forum, so won't go into that further. But, glad you like the article.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #59
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1730 Times on 1065 Posts
Likes Given: 9242

^^ Irony Alert!^^ LOL!!!!!

Who was President when this was signed into law?

(Hint: Check his handle. )

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #60

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

good read!