Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Origins of Clip11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Unless and until the Second Amendment is recognized as being incorporated against the states, it doesn't apply unless the goon squad who picked you up were federal agents. They weren't, so don't worry about 2A.

However, since your own state's constitution essentially mimics 2A, you might actually have legal grounds to challenge the court decision. You'll have to pay dearly for another lawyer, of course.

No legal document grants a right; it can only acknowledge a right or grant a privilege. If you are required to first jump through some hoops and pay a fee to get a CPL, then you are exercising your privilege, not a right. In this way, you could probably put up a sound argument to nullify your conviction.
Yeah I see your point. If I knew then what I know now, and of course, this is a big one, if I had the money, I would have challenged it all the way. I ended up being convicted of a misdemeanor so I don't know if I could go back and challenge it. But i'll tell you this, if I came into some money, like if my Powerball numbers fell, then if I could challenge it I would take it all the way to the highest court I could go to.

I don't know how many of you had a chance to read my thread about Jackson County, Wisconsin. The prosecutor of that county refused to prosecute people arrested for carrying a concealed weapon on the grounds that it violates the 2A.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

If you knew then what you know now, you would not have illegally carried a gun into a liquor store in a bad area late at night? Really? But, you did say you knew you needed a CPL to carry, right?

I don't agree with many laws that are on the books, and I try my best to adhere to those laws while I vote for those who don't agree with those laws.

Hey, it is what it is. You are lucky that the charge was dropped to a misdemeanor. Be happy you can still own firearms, and exercise your right to vote. Promote pro-2A candidates and hope the current administration does not keep control for much longer.

Oh, and buy yourself a holster so you don't have to stick it in your pocket...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!