Oregon - Massive Gun Ban Introduced - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Oregon - Massive Gun Ban Introduced

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

What most people dont realize is Oregon and washington both are states that are split.The west coast of both states are basicly northern provinces of california.They have been for years.You head east into central and eastern oregon and washington the culture people and politics are way way different.
I live just a couple miles form the washington border and close to spokane washington and the surrounding small towns and it is sad to see the people here in washington having to deal with the california laws they do not want being pushed on them from the coast.
Here in Idaho there is a snow balls chance in hell of any gun control garbage being pushed here.
I feel maybe some of these western states taking up gun control like Colorado has done may have a positive side in the long run. Once forced to live a while under this commie atmosphere it may inspire enough people to get off there rear ends and make a stand to repeal these laws.
It happened in canada.
I like every one hope all this gun control will have the same effect it had on the Clintons when they passed the old assualt weapons ban.
Both oregon and washington are sparsely populated once you leave the coastal areas and it will take a huge effort for the people of oregon to ralley against the anti gun nuts.
I would also not be suprised to see washington state pushing a anti second amendment bill very soon.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #12

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

COME ON DOWN TO TEXAS BRING YOUR GUNS steady well paying jobs buy the dozens gun laws that will not be infringed upon EVER thanks to our state government no state income tax. Also it's a huge place we have all kinds of terrain climates and hunting as well as lower cost of living by far as opposed to the northern states. I LOVE TEXAS

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

CA357 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

We just escaped CA last Fall and now this stuff is going on here. It's the same damn setup as Kalifornia. The leftlibs inhabit the population centers and have a lock on the entitlement class.

I wanted to move to Idaho, but this is where my wife was happiest. Texas could become a consideration some years down the road.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #14

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Texas is begging people to move to their state from California. I remember when Oregon and Washington then Conservative states did that. How did that work out?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Texas is begging people to move to their state from California. I remember when Oregon and Washington then Conservative states did that. How did that work out?
Won't be the same here I guarantee you. Like I said our states government actually cares about the rights of its people unlike the libtards every where else. I know that not every where else but this thing with Oregon even though I'm far from all of that hype has me real hot under the collar some times I think if Texas was its own country again we'd be better off. Oh well

Last edited by gearhead396; 03-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #16

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Humm? No open carry? No Constitutional carry? Mandatory training to get a CCW? Maybe you should look at pushing for a Free state status like Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming.
I see Utah has renewed their battle for their Constitutional right to carry. Free States is the only answer to gun rights. Nothing less is acceptable.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 949 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
COME ON DOWN TO TEXAS BRING YOUR GUNS steady well paying jobs buy the dozens gun laws that will not be infringed upon EVER thanks to our state government no state income tax. Also it's a huge place we have all kinds of terrain climates and hunting as well as lower cost of living by far as opposed to the northern states. I LOVE TEXAS
The big knock against Texas is that out of control Mexican border, and the headless bodies up and down the that border.

I only speak English, a second language at 56 would be uncomfortable for me, and I am partial to my head just where it is.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

The big knock against Texas is that out of control Mexican border, and the headless bodies up and down the that border.

I only speak English, a second language at 56 would be uncomfortable for me, and I am partial to my head just where it is.
The border, in all states along the line, is certainly an issue. Luckily you can be in Texas and still over 500 miles from that international border!
Texas may not be for everyone, but then again neither is hot sauce, BBQ, or Stetsons...

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

CA357 Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Humm? No open carry? No Constitutional carry? Mandatory training to get a CCW? Maybe you should look at pushing for a Free state status like Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming.
I see Utah has renewed their battle for their Constitutional right to carry. Free States is the only answer to gun rights. Nothing less is acceptable.
Ok ok you do have some points but at least I don't have to worry about losing the rights I do have. And free states is a better answer. However I do think there should be some type of training or at least an instructor to make sure you are fresh on things. It's only every 5 years. it makes me feel better that not any Jack ass can't just go down to the sheriffs office and walk out with a permit cause they said they could shoot.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

The media hypes all that stuff up and makes it sound alot worse those shows on discovery and nat geo blow that stuff up so big for tv. Grant it that stuff is happening it is confined to the border towns and doesn't really get past that. Towns like el paso and Laredo and Brownsville are some of the worst hit and even still you can go there and see no violence.

Last edited by gearhead396; 03-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.