From Oregon Firearms Federation - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

From Oregon Firearms Federation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #51
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3586 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

Josh, while I support your right to your opinions, I hope we can direct your energy into a productive direction. Quite frankly when your post if over 1300 words, it will not be read by 99% of the members/visitors to this site. You obviously have passion, but like Alex Jones your audience will be lmited. He gets limited by his own volume (it turns some off). You will be limited by your lack of brevity. To make a point you must try to be concise. Most folk we need to preach to have the memory of a gold fish. Bullet points work better than monologue.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

I know what Josh was doing, he was laying out all the historical facts, all the "Ammo" so to speak for backing up our Constitutional rights to own firearms. No I didn't read but a few things and skimmed over most of what he wrote, which often drives my wife nuts because I can get the jest of things by doing that. If one wanted the details as to the second amendment for what our founding fathers desired, Josh layed it out like a strong punctuation point. I, for one, want all the ammunition I can get because the other side has most of the mainstream media and the education system on their side. Of course more than once I've been told that the Constitution is out of date, truth is it is needed now more than ever because our freedoms are being taken in ever increasing bites.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #53

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Josh, while I support your right to your opinions.....

I certainly appreciate your putting up with my exhaustingly humongous posts,for the sake of the First Amendment.
As this board is privately maintained,you certainly dont have to.

Thank you.

Your a gentleman.

Unlike Alex Jones I dont spend all my energy on '9/11 truth' and little green men.

My 'audience',and that of other people who seek to restore our Republic, is limited only by the effect of a lack of true Patriotic fervor for the limited government principles this nation was founded on that is prevalent in the entitled and pacified masses of todays' America.

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

As its easier to accept a welfare check then it is to actually work,its also easier to accept government 'who knows what they're talking about' dictating the terms of our Constitution to us via a complacent media- rather than looking for the answers for ourselves.
And believe me,what I posted here is actually quite condensed compared to everything I've read and all the discussions I've listened to and participated in regarding the subject matter.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free...it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 05-16-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 AM   #54

Liked 42 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Josh, thank you! Of those of use who look to the second amendment as a basis for owning any kind of weapon be it rifle, shotgun, pistols, revolvers or a cannon, how many have read the Constitution or studied what the writings of our founding fathers had to say about keeping a Republic form of government. Even when Benjimin Franklin was asked by a woman, "Sir do we have a Republic?" his reply voiced concern when he answered "Yes if we can keep it." So the question should be shouldn't you, since you relie on the second amendment to own and carry weapons, do everything you can to educate yourself to have as many answers as possible to those who feel the Constitution is out of date and in this age there is no need to own weapons because "law enforcement will always be there to take care of you and that the government is your friend." I am ashamed to say I don't know as much as I should, but I'm working on that. As Robocop mentioned, people have the memory of a goldfish, that's what the powers that be desire, the shorter the better. Truly if we ignore history we will be doomed to repeat the stupid mistakes of the past. I, for one, refuse to have a short term memory.

Last edited by Viking; 05-17-2010 at 03:15 AM.

Newest Threads