Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > From Oregon Firearms Federation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 03:55 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 177 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 554

Default From Oregon Firearms Federation

Outrage in Oregon Oregon Firearms Federation

atf.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Mutha' effin' douches!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 05:10 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I pray that Mr. Pyles wins his court battle and becomes a very rich man, with luck these gestapo type actions will be outlawed VERY specificly. This is UNREAL and should NEVER happen in America!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

He just got a payday. Once he gets paid, he should quit work. After that, buy the biggest handgun known to man. And because Oregon is an open carry friendly state, he should open carry the hand cannon on the side walk right in front of his former employer's house.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 05-01-2010, 07:53 AM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Not this crap again!!!

Look guys, we have hashed this "incident" over in a previous thread, let’s not go there again. We have determined that we have different opinions on this incident and that there is a lot of information missing. We have also found that there are just as many right wing distortions of facts about the incident as left wing distortions, so again I say, let’s just put this puppy to bed as all it will do is raise the blood pressure of some of our members.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My blood pressure has been elevated for two years scubie!! I can't wait for the upcoming elections!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerunner View Post
My blood pressure has been elevated for two years scubie!! I can't wait for the upcoming elections!
You can me both!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Not this crap again!!!

Look guys, we have hashed this "incident" over in a previous thread, let’s not go there again. We have determined that we have different opinions on this incident and that there is a lot of information missing. We have also found that there are just as many right wing distortions of facts about the incident as left wing distortions, so again I say, let’s just put this puppy to bed as all it will do is raise the blood pressure of some of our members.
scubie, question, the article was written by . . . "left wing distortions" or "right wing distortions"? Next, you give your location as some where in Texas, according to the song by the same name, so this doesn't really affect you directly as it would someone living in Oregon or Washington, yet. IMHO this needs to be brought up daily on every blog site over and over, again and again until every citizen in the USA has seen it. You don't want to participate, then don't. We need to fight this asinine effort of the police to "control" our thoughts before it does become an issue that affects all United States Citizens.
Unite, or die.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #9

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
scubie, question, the article was written by . . . "left wing distortions" or "right wing distortions"? Next, you give your location as some where in Texas, according to the song by the same name, so this doesn't really affect you directly as it would someone living in Oregon or Washington, yet. IMHO this needs to be brought up daily on every blog site over and over, again and again until every citizen in the USA has seen it. You don't want to participate, then don't. We need to fight this asinine effort of the police to "control" our thoughts before it does become an issue that affects all United States Citizens.
Unite, or die.

But Kimber you need to fight those fights where there is clearly a wrong by the government or the police. In this incident, as I mentioned above, there is a large amount of information missing for any rational person to make a valid, informed decision on what actually happened. You state "this is an asinine effort of the police to "control" our thoughts before it does become an issue that affects all United States Citizens." but that evaluation is made upon the assumption that all facts of the incident are present to be evaluated, and that is not the case. It just bothers me when people start lambasting the government or police on supposition and innuendo and not facts. I guess it’s the cop in me that people are innocent until the “facts” prove they are guilty. Again there are a lot of facts missing from this incident. I will be the first one to call foul on misuse of authority by the police when the facts support it. The fact that I live in El Paso, Texas I don't believe has anything to do with my opinion and I believe my opinion to be valid wether I live in Texas, Oregon or Washington.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/lose-your-job-buy-gun-get-arrested-24581/ I bleve that is the previous thread about this sorry situation. I'm not sure all the relevant facts were presented in the link to the O.F.F. article; perhaps some that were missed will be available in the other thread.

I followed the other thread when it was made & just read over the OFF article & watched news coverage of the event; i never heard anything that made me think this situation warranted the SWAT team or the involuntary mental exam, at least not on Mr. Pyles.

I was very disappointed in how the public employees involved handled the situation, HOWEVER if the guy had gone on a shooting spree at his old office, many people would be pointing at his purchases as "indicators" of a mass murderer "arming up" for slaughter. The deal is, his purchases have not (to my current knowledge) been defined as justification for arrest or for confiscation of his property. If such purchases are to be prohibited, they should've been stopped by the standard NCIS processing.

What would we be saying if this guy had awakened before the phone call & opened fire on shadowy figures in his back yard? Personally, i would feel really bad for him & would be wishing him RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
I guess it’s the cop in me that people are innocent until the “facts” prove they are guilty.
Not to pick on you personally, but that comment in relation to this fubar'd situation is very ironic. The "facts" acted upon by the state in the apprehension of this citizen were marginal at best, extremely marginal IMO. The state took practically paramilitary actions against a guy based on the say so of his forseeably biased boss/soon-to-be ex-boss; my gosh, what if his mother had called to say he was a bad son or a bedwetter or something.

Weren't there some witch trials up in Oregon at one time that relied on similarly flawed evidence? Perhaps we should dunk suspects until they confess, oh wait...

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 05-10-2010 at 09:00 PM.